Friday, 27 August 2010

Pretty in pink


Another card with the SU medallion stamp. This time embossed in pink and cut around with acetate behind it to form the card front. I added a group "bling" to the centre and individual stones around it. SU sentiment stamped on the inside, and the straight ribbon is on the inside with the bow on the outside - not sure about that now!
I'm entering it into:-
Stamp with fun - card for a girl
Aud Sentiments-Anything goes
One Stitch At a Time- use a shape
Bunny Zoe Crafts - vintage
Creatalicious - vintage
My few days off work haven't worked out so well as I don't feel too good still. Spent most of yesterday on the sofa either watching a film or asleep!  I even had the central heating on I was so cold and shivery. Then I sprang to life last night to finish this card.  I hashed the original front and so had to cut if off and decided to replace with acetate - so shouldn't craft when not feeling well but then the rescue seems to have come out more creative LOL!

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow , i love it- and using acetate is a brilliant idea.
Lisa ;)
ps hope you feel better soon

Biscuitlid said...

is it wrong to describe a card as 'phwoar'? I flippin love this one Lynn. What a stunner.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good, hope the lurgy goes away and leaves you alone. Sending a get well cuddle

Love
Victoria
x

val090 said...

That is really lovely, sometimes a mistake can be put to good use. Thanks for joining OSAAT challenge

Cheryl said...

I love it......so very elegant and the colours are beautiful!!! BTW that image was purchased from Sassy Studio Designs,the link is now on the post.
xx

Julie said...

Simply lovely! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Audrey said...

What a beautiful card. I love all the pink.
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to join in our monthly drawing going on right now.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Totally elegant and stunning! I love this medallion stamp, and the fabulous card you have created.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Sara said...

I love acetate cards so I think your rescue is truly inspired though I'm sorry that your suffering for it. Hope you get well soon.

Many congratulations on passing your MBA- what a fantastic achievement. Does this mean that you get your life back now or is it on to another challenge? :-)

Sara xx

Merry said...

Oh wow...this is very elegant....wonderful colour combo. Hope you are feeling better.

MaryT said...

Very classy

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is just stunning. I love the pink. Very elegant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Padster said...

Gorgeous - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck - xx

Andrea said...

Very great card - loveley details. Wonderful. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Karen Howard said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you will love this blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Paula Gale said...

WOW - another fab card with that stamp - really loving it Lynn. Hope you are feeling better.

Paula x x x

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS......Forgot to say thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!!
xx