Saturday, 7 August 2010

Summer fun



I was determined to get some crafting time today and I haven't done too bad after a few housework jobs.
There are a few challenges at the moment around summer (yeah - where did that go?) so I thought this CC design would be perfect. I cut around her with a nestie then sponged the background with blue and brown. I found two flowers that I thought looked a bit beachy (!) do not know where they came from(??) and added some charms. I started with a blue brad but the other charm had a hole too small to get one through so had to change to silver. (Note to self check before piercing and securing next time.........) I also went over her glasses with a clear gel pen.
The background paper is actually a silk paper which was part of a scrapbook album.
Stamp with Fun - sketch
Quixotic-Life's a breach
ABC-A is for August (well it used to be sunny!)
One stop for craft-summer fun
Bunny Zoe-summer days

17 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

love it Lynn - makes me want to escape the rain and find the nearest sunny beach!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
You are having a busy day. This is wonderfully bright and cheerful card. A reminder of what we should be enjoying. The image is sweet and your papers are fabulous. Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Jane said...

HI Lynn - wha ta cute little beach babe lol you have coloured her beautifully.
I love this blue flowers and the seaside charms
Lisa;)

Sarita said...

Gorgeous Linby, your card makes me feel summery even if the weather isn't!
What a sweet little image, just lovely,
Love Sarita xx

del-16.p said...

I love this card!The charms you have used really complement the card.
Love,Elspeth.

kayc said...

Lovely summery card. Kathleen x

Merry said...

How lovely....those flowers look like starfish..perfect.

Cheryl said...

oh this really is just gorgoues,hun so summery too love that image,hugs cheryl xxx

Cheryl said...

So adorable,cute charms and beautiful colouring!!!
xx

Carrie said...

Great summer card!!
Love the image and layout!!
Thanks for playing at one stop xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love the cute image and the charms are fab too. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Chrissie said...

Super card Linby, I love those little charms!
Thanks so much for joining in our Summer Fun challenge at OSCC this week! Hope to see you next week!
Chrissie

chris said...

Hi Linby, This is so very special, just doing a bit of hopping and came across your gorgeous card. hugs chris xx

ro said...

OMG Linby! She looks kinda shocked to me. As if to say "blue flowers on a beach? Why I never saw such a thing!"

Twiglet said...

Love your latest cards Lyn. Great colour combos!

Rose said...

super cute!! love the charms :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, love the card, great image and love the colours :-) I kept looking at the post title on my blog thinking I'd seen this post :-/
Hope you have a lovely weekend
Anne xx