Tuesday, 21 September 2010

It's hip to be square and Woody woodpecker

The challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey is  "hip to be square" use squares on your card or simply make a square card as long as you have one PTI product. I don't enter this challenge very often because I don't have a lot of PTI and it would get boring seeing the only two sets of paper I have! This card was originally going to be very CAS on Kraftcard but it looked boring. So I mounted it all onto some PTI and it still looked boring. Craft your Days Away have a challenge to do Autumn doodling so I thought I would give it a try with some sakura glitter gel pens. Still boring so I added the ribbon in the centre. I'm not 100% happy with the outcome.

We are very lucky at work to have some lovely green areas that attract wildlife. This little woodpecker has been showing up for a couple of weeks now so one of my colleagues took his picture.
It seemed like he knew he was having his picture taken, because that day, and that day only he came further towards the very edge of the grass. On the first picture he is really quiet a distance away but she used a zoom lens on her DLR.

This is the edge of the roadway outside our office and I was scared he would come all the way over and get mown down by a car!

15 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I do love that card. Lovely papers and colours and a fabulous layout. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Donna said...

Wonderful colours on your lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along at CYDA this time.
Hugs, Donna x

Merry said...

What great photos...thanks for sharing. A woodpecker is something I have not seen before. Great card...I do love the papers.

Crafty Chris said...

Its very rare to see these birds lucky getting a pic he looks lovely, and your card is gorgeous love the layout and that ribbon looks like quilling fab,
Chris x

Aimes said...

Oooh lovin' those colours on that card (and the woodpecker!), Lynn! The idea to mount on a panel of DP works so well!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey (and honestly, we'll never tire of seeing PTI goodies so enter as many times as you wish ;D)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cheryl said...

oh just love the coulrs you have used on your card,hun and what wonderful photos too hugs cheyrl xxxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a great card m so different . love the colours
Great photo.. even if its a bird lol
Lisa ;)

Doreen said...

A fabulous card,I love the panels.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

Carol Ann said...

Great card very different I like the papers and the flower detail. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

Rose said...

ooohhhh love the colors on your card :) such a cute woodpecker too!!! i have never seen one out of a tree.

kayc said...

What lovely photos. Love your card too! Kathleen x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love the card Lin, love the colours :-)
Thanks for sharing the pic of Woody, how amazing to see him, I've never seen one IRL
Anne x

Neet said...

Love your square card - and the woodpecker - that's amazing - never seen one in rela life.

The workshop you asked about on my blog was in Prestwich in Manchester. There's another one planned for April next year but something totally different (so different I don't know a thing about it). Thanks for the comment.

Ann said...

Oh wow Lynn - a green woodpecker! I've only ever seen the red and black spotted woodpecker in my garden and its soooooo shy! How fantastic to see it from your workplace!

Great layout for your card too - lovely muted colours.

Inkyfingers said...

Lynn,you are so lucky to see the woodpecker up close. I only ever hear them pecking and never manage to see them because they are so shy. Don't be so critical of your card, the design is really good!
Carol x