Saturday, 11 September 2010

Red, gold, white, some cupcakes and awards

The challenge on Colour create this week is Red, gold and white or cream. I've used the SU stamp again (!) put it with some Anna Griffin velvet ribbon and one of her sentiment embellishments. added some bling on the image and at the bottom. I think most people will be getting a card with this stamp on at Christmas I just love the effect.

I've also finished my cupcakes and made a lasagne - yes I am going for a rest now despite having not had time to play with my new wax and seals kit.
Here they are Pineapple and coconut from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. They have pieces of pineapple at the bottom of the cake and they have coconut milk in the cake and in the butter-cream. They didn't put cherries on the ones in the book but I thought it set them off nicely. they are big cakes, the recipe actually makes 12 if you use ordinary cupcases.
These are the lovely awards I've been given. I also have another one from Fiona but I am saving that so I can pass it on as I haven't seen it on many blogs. I think the ones below have been given to most people by now, I'm just catching up.

Thanks to Ann at Lovemaking Things for this one. 
Three things I love about myself - My size 5 feet, my sense of humour and having a kind heart.
A picture I like, well I really like the one above with the cakes and it fits the award!

Thanks to Lynne from Cards from Lynne's loft for this one.

and to Kathleen from The Daisy Chain
Thanks to you all - you make blogland a lovely place to be. Right I am going for that sit down now before I have to go and fetch the OH.

16 comments:

Suzi said...

Oh Linby, there's that stamp again, It's so perfect for Christmas, not surprised you love using it. The sheer elegance of your card speaks volumes. Beautiful. Bye the way those cupcakes look really scrummy.
Hugs
Suzi x

Congrats on all your awards hun. You deserve them.

Biscuitlid said...

cor they look delicious and I love lasagne - I'll be round in ten minutes!

fabulous card too - love seeing you getting so much use out of one stamp

Love
Victoria
x

Lisa Jane said...

You have been busy ... those cupcakes look delicious and i think the cherries make them look extra special!
Love that stamp.. and i wouldn't complain if i got a gorgeous christmas card like that!
Lisa ;)

Lynne said...

By heck lass, you really are the Domestic Goddess today, those cupcakes are making my mouth water. And as for your card... I would love to receive one like that for Chrissy, it`s stunning.
Lynne xxx

scrappyjan said...

Beautiful card and boy do those cupcakes look good!! I wish I had one right now with my cup of tea.. LOL...
Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
hugs Janiel

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a fantastic card. It is very elegant. Beautiful crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Merry said...

Beautiful elegant card. I am loving all the colours you are using and that ribbon is stunning. Now those cupcakes look and sound yummy....any chance of a recipe?

Cheryl said...

oh hun that stamp is just brilliant really love it,so beautifully detailed too hun,and all the yummy cakes too,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

kayc said...

What yummy cakes. Beautiful card. Kathleen x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card Lin, fab stamp ;-) Ooh yummy, those cupckes look and sound delish - hope you're not going to eat them all yourself LOL DD's making lasagne for tea today - not up to doing a roast after having to sort out 4 suitcases, washing for 4 peeps and tidying the house.
Anne xx

Sarita said...

Your card is just sumptuous Linby, it looks absolutely stunning. And as for those cakes, pineapple and coconut sounds like a fab combo. They look amazing!
Love Sarita xx

MaryT said...

Hello Lynn love the card and the cupcakes look really yummy! I'll be right over! LOL Have you been getting emails from me? I have a new email again the first part is the same just the provider has changed to @frontier.com Hope you have had a nice weekend Robert's surgery went well.

Sharon said...

Hi Linby,

Oh my goodness you've been very busy!! Those cakes look beautiful :) Your card is stunning - very classy and elegant! That stamp is perfect for Christmas cards.

Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.

Sharon x

Glen said...

Oh myy Linby. It was the cupcakes that caught my eye and I am drooling! *Ü* I LOVE coconut and am going to be baking cupcakes this weekend...as my birthday treat for a family tea party. TFS. ~Glen~

Rozzaree said...

WOW Linby!! You must have a fantastic metabolic rate to eat all those huge cup cakes and not gain too much on the hips! Admire you for going for what you enjoy and damn the consequences.....

Ann said...

Oh my goodness those cupcakes look scrumptious! I've been coveting a Hummingbirds book for ages - maybe I can have one for Christmas! Lovely card too - the medallion is just right for a Christmas card.