Saturday, 23 October 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

I decided to use the Christmas tree from Spyder for this card in order to enter her October digi challenge. I made the tree rather large as I wanted to put Whiff of Joy "Oakley" by the side of  the tree, so it looks like he has decorated it. The card is 9x7. It's taken me a lot longer to colour the tree than I realised, it is only when you begin to colour you see all the great detail Spyder has put into this image.Bit like decorating the tree for real in that I think I have put too many colours in the same area LOL! Unlike a real one, I can't re do it now.  The background paper was free with a magazine, as was the tag. I've added some glitter but it hasn't shown up too well as per usual!
I'm also entering the card into-
Crafty Cardmakers challenge who want to see a freebie on your card - Spyder gave the tree as a freebie. Plus the DP was a freebie
Moving along with the times challenge who this week are sponsored by Letraset - so your image must be coloured with promarkers which mine are
Sarah Hurley colouring challenge

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Lynn.. brilliant scene .. love that tree , it would look fab in my living room lol
You have done some great colouring - so you could enter it into the Sarah Hurley colouring challenge ( last weeks - but doesn't close till Sunday) .. if you have used promarkers you can enter our challenge at MAWTT this week... but please read the post carefully ( hint)
It would be shame not to when this is such a lovely card
Lisa ;)

Lisa Jane said...

HI Lynn
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley and MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Spyder said...

Love it Lynn!! it's the first card I've seen using the Christmas tree, so I hope you don't mind if I borrow it, and add a link back here!
Thank yo u for joining in with the October challenge too!!

((Lyn))

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, just love that tree its beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week! Good Luck! Hugs Shell xx

Merry said...

What a terrific card...love how you have combined the two images.

Gez said...

Ooh gorgeous card Lynn. Thanks for the heads up on the manoeuvre for vertigo. Definately sounds worth a try.xx Thanks also for your lovely blog commentx.xx The stamp I used on the tag is called Jasim by Stampotique. She's great to colour :)I don't have her to own :( or I would have sent her over to yours for a play :)
Hope you have a lovely Sunday. Hugs, Gez.xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a fabby Christmas card. The tree is awesome and the image beside it is perfectly proportioned.
Hugs,
Fiona x

kayc said...

Just a beautiful card Lynn. Thanks for your comments on Craftrak. Kathleen x

Jenni said...

Hi Lynn, perfect Christmas card, love how you've used the images. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
Jenni x

Lin said...

I'm another who would like the opportunity to decorate my tree again, or recolour my image, lol

Love your layout, great use of your freebie too.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful,the tree is perfect for Oakley......love it!!!
xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Ah this is such a sweet card. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi lin, beautiful card, love the colours :-)
Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous card Lynn, love the colours and colouring in and that tree image from Spyder is gorgeous. Thankyou for entering it into the Promarker challenge at MAWTT this week. Luv Brenda xxx

Princess Scary said...

Lovely Card!

Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges :o)

Sarah x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Lynn Good to be back on again, beautiful card not be long until we are decorating our own trees.
Chris x

Sara said...

Great sizing of the tree here, just right for the size of bauble that the boy is holding.

Sara xx