Monday, 4 October 2010

Some cards and printer advice needed



Just to let everyone know I am still here! Just not had time to create or blog recently. I have so many new toys (including the cinch!) that I think I am overwhelmed with what to do next. These are some A7 sized craftrak cards I have made recently. The top one is a freebie paper doll set from this site Forthedead - fairies with a real difference! The second one is another freebie Misscutipie image and it comes in 5 different colours, just to be different I altered mine in My craft studio to yet another colour! the last image is my first attempt at doing a background with ink pads by dragging them over the card, it also has some clouds but they haven't shown up very well.
I'm going to see Eat Pray Love tomorrow and going for something to eat so  not sure when I will be blogging or creating again. I also have some swaps to make for the PTI day I am going on this Sunday -yipee!
The other thing that has taken my time is trying to get my printer to reproduce all the lovely images I am creating from craft cdroms. I have tried all sorts of things but think it is time to get a new printer as it is 5 years old. I have looked briefly online and am bewildered by the choice, so does anyone have a printer they use and can recommend to me please.  Thanks x

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Lynn - fab cards .
You could enter the top one into mAWTT fairy/fantasy challenge . I love the glitter,
Have a great day tomorrow
Lisa ;)
i just have a cheap printer and think it could be better so cant really advise

Cheryl said...

oh hun these are all brilliant love all the styles on all of them,great designs too I have the cinch too hun and just love it to bits,my printer I have had for a while now,about 3 4 years and its the best,I have the HP photosmart,which does,scanning,the lot with those windows,that pop up too and I just love it Hp have never let me down on quality,and have always stuck with them so hope that helps hun mine is called,HP phtotsmart al in one,c41800 series,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Crafty Chris said...

3 gorgeous cards Linby my fav is the middle one, and thanks for the links, on C&C they all say they have cheap printers and its down to the papers you use, I would go to the Joanna sheen website and send her an email she is very helpful.
Chris x

Biscuitlid said...

Hi Lynn
I got my Epson RX685 as a managers special at Staples for £50!!! It's fab as it doesn't feed round a roller so takes card really easy (I print my digi papers on SU Whisper White and the finish is the best I've managed to get so far, and it dries instantly). We've got a few Staples in Nottm so very worth popping in to see what the managers specials are or if they have any promos on.

I'm popping in to one tomorrow so will have a look for you and email you with anything I see!

Love
Victoria
x

Lynne said...

Fab cards as always Lynn. I use a Lexmark x1270 all in one printer and have had no trouble with it. I got it cheap in asda about 4 years ago. I did have some trouble with asda own brand ink cartridges though so think it`s best to stick with the real thing and I always print my papers on Photo/ glossy setting. I also sometimes use PC World 120 gsm copy paper for special cards but only cheap copy paper for challenge cards.
Lynne xxx

Cardarian said...

Lovely cards! Ha, ha I find having to much toys a bit of distraction too! I just can't decide what to play with first!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Super cards Lin, love that image on the first one and love the scene you've created on the bottom one :-) Sorry can't help with the printer thing - I'm too influenced by price :-/
Anne xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

PS have a great time on Sunday ;-) BTW what's PTI?
Anne xx

Crafty Chris said...

Hi
I have something for you on my blog
Chris x

Chris said...

ooooh love all the different styles of your cards hun they are all gorgeous :D
I have an epson S100 all in one and I love it... they are'nt that expensive and you can buy compatible inks which are ok for most things. Hope you manage to find a printer soon I would be sooooo lost without mine :D
hugs
Chris xx