Monday, 1 November 2010

A commission for a male card - agghh!

I make a few cards for this friend and normally she just leaves me to it. But when I said I would make the card for her Husband's 70th in a few weeks time she told me "he likes Nottm Forest, bowls, sudoko and he spent his working life in the lace industry. I was scared! Thank goodness for My Craft Studio cdrom "mens collection". I used the football background and two players, and changed the colour from black to red. I found the bowls picture, soduko and piece of lace on the web. What I loved about doing this card is that I could plan it all out in MCS before printing it. To add some dimension I actually printed the background and then the other elements on photo paper, then matted and layered the sentiments with some PTI in bloom ('cause it is in red and white and you can't see the flowers!) and silver mirri card. For such an occasion and from a special person I thought the card ought to be large so this is 9x7.
I'm entering it into Cards for men challenge which this time is anything goes,  as long as it is for a male.

10 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

wow you pulled all that off well then Lynn! I don't think I'd have managed it at all
Hugs
Victoria
x

kayc said...

How I hate doing men's cards. Well done on creating a lovely card. I'm sure he will love it. Kathleen x

Crafty Chris said...

wow Lynn You did a great job on this one pulling everything he liked onto a card and it all goes so well together, if I had been asked that my jaw would still be on the floor, I am sure he will love it.
Chris x

Lisa Jane said...

well done - you managed to meet the spec brilliantly ! He will love it
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is fabulous. I love all the elements you have built in - the images are wonderful and the background is brilliant. What a great man card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

~amy~ said...

well...he is going to love it! Great job!

Nannieflash said...

Oh weve got a bowling club quite local and I know how much men are into it, its a fabulous card for your hubby. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Merry said...

Well done Linby...that sure was an interesting combination to add to your card but you did it. :-)

Rozzaree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alison said...

That brief was a challenge and a half but you've done a fab job! Good luck in the Cards for Men challenge.
Hugs, Alison x