Tuesday, 23 November 2010

New and old

I just got this image from Ann's blog "Love making things" - I think she is so sweet and perfect for a friend who used to be an avid knitter but now due to Parkinson's disease can no longer manage to knit. So sad, she used to knock up an arran sweater in no time and knitted countless cricket jumpers over the years.
I'm entering it into the challenge on Passion for Promarkers which is for old papers and a new digi/stamp. the papers and sentiment background are MME and were free ages ago with a magazine. The oval is pearlescent dotty paper from craftwork cards and I cut it out with my x-cut system of frames that I haven't used in ages. I didn't have a  nestie the right size and to think I was going to get rid of them the other week! I used an SU sentiment for the punched circle, they are just perfect for those small areas, so neat. The image is of course coloured with promarkers.
My fav programme of the week tonight - Turn Back Time - The High Street. Really been enjoying this series and this week it is the war years and the butcher is serving Macon - bacon made from mutton! I really enjoy history presented in this way.

22 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi there - this image is beautiful.. i love knitting but not enough time these days ..
i love the layout too.
I enjoy that tv show too.. i was never interested in History at school - but maybe if they had done it like this i might have been.
Lisa ;)

Lynne said...

Lovely card and gorgeous image Lynn. I`m a bit of a history fan anyway and am loving this series too. Beats watching nutters eat bugs!!!
Lynne xxx

Sue C said...

Lovely card, the image is fab ! Thanks for joining us at PfP, and good luck ! Sue C x

kayc said...

Beautiful card Lynn. Have never watched that programme. Kathleen x

TG said...

Really cute card Lynne , thanks for joining us at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Linby, cute card hun, great image, thanks for joining in the fun at PFP, good luck.

Hugs

Sarah

coops said...

beautiful card lynn.the image is gorgeous and fab papers and colours.
thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck :D

xx coops xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Fabulous papers and colours. The image is really cute. I love this card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lynn, what a gorgeous card. The image is adorable and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our special challenge and blog hop over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Gro said...

Beautiful card. Your image is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at PFP :o)

~amy~ said...

ultra darling!

Ann said...

Don't know why you're not pleased with your little knitter Lynn - she's so sweet and looks perfect on that pearly oval. I like Turn Back Time too - missed it again - thank goodness for iplayer. Loved the 30's but the week before when the men went off to war was too sad. However my absolute fav of the moment is Edwardian Farm - I've loved all three series.

Merry said...

She is so sweet....wonderful colours you have used.

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is such an adorable image just love it,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Emma said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Debs said...

fabby card ..:0)..thanks for sharing it with us at PFP..hope your joining in the hop..hugs..Debs x

Michele said...

Love your wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Chris said...

Hiya Linby me lovely :D You are right that is a wonderful image and your card is just beautiful. I love your colouring and oh bling (I've been neglecting my bling of late) it's lovely to see though :D
hugs
Chris xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous - and what a lovely image!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Juliexx

Caryn said...

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous card with us and joining in the fun at Passion for ProMarkers.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Linby,
What a lovely image. She looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP for our special challenge.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Vixykins said...

Beautiful creation, absolutely perfect for your friend! Thank You for playing along at PFP x