Monday, 15 November 2010

Remember

One of the themes for cards this month at Craftrak is Poppies. As Poppies are one of my all time favs (can you guess it from my blog background LOL!) so I have quite a few images I could use. This is a PB one and all of the images you can see are on the one stamp. I used the vintage SU wheel for the background and created "Remember" on the PC. Another blogger pointed out to me that the music is actually upside down! Wonder if PB know? Edited to say - it is not me that has put the music on upside down - the stamp is like that!
I'm entering this into Penny Black Saturday challenge - my fav things and Daring cardmakers who want to see cards for "A time to remember".
I found out today that Lisa on Mess to Magic creates a card for remembrance every year which I think is a lovely idea and one I may adopt. It was also my late Mother's birthday on 9 Nov and so it will have a double meaning if I do. Here are two more I created which aren't for challenges.

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Lynn.. i love this .. Poppies are really special to me and my partner -as they bring back memories of a wonderful day .. so i love them all year round , as well as on Remembrance Sunday.
I dont think it matters the music is upside down
- the card has beautiful vintage feel
You could enter it into our nice and bright challenge at Moving along with the times - what brighter flower than a poppy
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This card is magnificent. I love the papers and the poppy images. A stylish vintage card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

kayc said...

That card is gorgeous. I love poppies too! Kathleen x

Suzi said...

Beautful card Linby, love the poppies and the upside down music sheet, being a professional singer I would have noticed, but I don't think anyone else would have hun. Shh... your shouldn't have said, lol. it doesnt detract from the gorgeous design.
Hugs
Suzi x

kath said...

beautiful card linby...thanks for sharing your favourite things with us all at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Rose said...

lol girl i would never have noticed the upside down music!! what beautiful flowers on an awesome card :)

Crafty Chris said...

Beautiful cards I didnt even notice the music upside down, but then Im not musical, I think you would have to be to notice.
Chris x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!

Lovely to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Lynda said...

A stunning card Linby. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers. I wouldn't have noticed the music either if you hadn't said anything lol.

Lynda xxx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, fab work.
luv
Debby