Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Flashback Friday 5.0

I can't believe that Amy (Tsuruta Designs)  has reached Flash Back Friday 5.0 already. The challenge this time is to post a card on which you used a particular technique for the first time. This card is from October 2009 and was the first time I had done wholesale paper piecing. Her whole outfit and hair is paper pieced. I was so proud of this card, that I actually still have it myself! Amy has a fab prize on offer, so why not give it a go.
It is our office Christmas meal tomorrow night and the pavements are like ice. I was already going to be wearing sensible flat boots, but even those slip on the ice. But look what came today

They fit over your shoes and tiny spikes give you grip. It says "not suitable for wearing with high heels" you don't say! I don't care what I look like if it means I stay upright. I got mine from QVC and they have rave reviews.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Funnily enough a customer was showing us her shoe grips today. Brilliant idea, I only wish I`d known about them BEFORE my fall :( Lovely card by the way, love your paper piecing.
Lynne xxx
P.S. Enjoy your night out xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the papers and colours and your paper piecing is gorgeous. Great card.
I like your overshoes but I'm afraid the 18 inches of snow and crutches just don't go no matter what the footwear - so I'll just stay in and craft Lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

~amy~ said...

ooohhh...I love your paper piecing...fabulous work!!!That has to be one of my favorite techniques!

Thanks sooo much for playing Flashback Friday 5.0!

I love your new purchase:)

Lisa Jane said...

wow look at those shoe thingy's i could do with some of them!
Love the paper piecing in the card
Lisa ;)

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous paper piecing ... one of my favorite techniques as well ... Thanks for joining the Flashback Friday 5.0 fun.