Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Plum and white


I've just got a six Debbi Moore cd roms, so I was having a look at what was on them and came across these gorgeous roses. They come in several colourways but as this is my favourite colour I chose to print these and the other elements from the Flower Boutique cdrom. I have added a touch of glitter which hopefully you can see better in the close up below.

When I printed these images last night I was disappointed because they looked deep pink, however, in daylight they are just what I thought they would be! Should have put them under my Ottlite then I would have known they were true to colour.
I'm entering this into Colour Create challenge which gave this photo for inspiration

I have a day off today. Got B Gas coming to service everything sometime soon (I hope). I had to go for my check up at the vertigo clinic this morning. The exercises they gave me last time paid off and I feel loads better. Apparently because I had been trying not to do movements I thought would make me dizzy, all this has done is taught my body not to want to do anything other than be in a straight position.
I must have been dizzy though because I did something I have never done before when I left the hospital. I catch a free bus from the hospital which drops me at the tram stop. There are two tram lines, one which goes to where I live and one that doesn't. I got on the wrong one-doh! Just as the line split and I thought mine was the next stop I thought nothing looked familiar! Had to get off and catch one back to where the line splits and then another one - at least I had an all day ticket. In my defence I can catch either tram line if I am going to the Park and Ride, but because I had been to the vertigo clinic I wasn't driving.  Automatic pilot as they say!

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful Lynn.. i love the roses and the little sparkle adds the finishing touch

I am just loving my Debbie Moore Cd's - i have used it for tomorrows card so watch out for that
Lisa

~amy~ said...

gorgeous monochromatic card....hope the vertigo gets all fixed..

kayc said...

What beautiful colours. Those roses look so real. Kathleen x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Totally gorgeous card. I love the colour and the roses are fabulous.
I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I was at hospital today as well but I go into detail later on.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

amazing card hun and those flowers are just stunning,you take care hun Also wanted to wish you and your family a happy xmas and a wonderful and healthy new year,love hugs cheryl xx

Twiglet said...

Hope you are soon better - I have heard of several folk with vertigo at the moment.
Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year - x Jo

Cheryl said...

So beautiful and a gorgeous colour combo!!! I hope you feel better soon,have a wonderful Christmas!!
xx

Cardarian said...

I see you have been making loads of lovely cards! You asked about my set of drawers - they are IKEA and it is called ALEX - you can find it under office stuff!
Thank you for all your lovely comments ob my blog, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Jules said...

Hi Linby

I can see why those are favourites. Each one gorgeous.

I hope you have a really good Christmas.

Love Jules xx

Mina said...

wow I love how you used our colours Linby...gorgeous card...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge and have a very Happy New Year
Mina xxx