Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Purple Haze

Ladybug crafts challenge are looking for a card inspired by a song title. Well purple is my fav colour and so I chose "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix to inspire this New Year card. We have Winestool Niki sitting up at the top dressed all in purple - using promarkers, next to her is a chandelier courtesy of Jak Heath and at the bottom a 2011 freebie image from The Crafters Digital Art Center. The backing details are from the Debbi Moore cdrom floral fantasy.
I spent most of Christmas day in a pleasant haze due to my MIL insisting I have a large Sherry to warm me up before lunch! Then we had Martini Asti with the meal as OH was driving and MIL doesn't drink a lot you can imagine who had the rest. MIL cooked and wouldn't let me wash up so had a lovely time. Then when we got home we opened a bottle of pink champagne! You can see where the inspiration for this card came from now can't you LOL!
I'm entering it into:-
Ladybug crafts challenge-inspired by a song
Caardvarks-mono card (their last ever challenge)
I love promarkers - anything goes
Crafts and Me-anything goes
Simon Says-anything goes
Moving Along with the Times-anything goes but no Xmas cards!
Catch the bug - feature the New Year
Sweet stampin - celebrations
Die cut Dreams - girly

21 comments:

pinky said...

Absolutely brilliant Linby. Love the gorgeous purple colours and of course the fabulous Nikki! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Karen said...

Lovely Linby, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Pami said...

What a wonderful card Linby, one of my fav Nikki stamps and my favourite colour! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!! Nothing wrong with a glass or two of fizz!! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

del-16.p said...

Super card Linby.Purple is also one of my favourites.Best wishes for 2011.
love,Elspeth.

Kathleen said...

Lovely card with lots of detail, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Rae Anne said...

Oh Linby - I love your card with a purple passion!!! ;) That sassy girl and that swanky champagne are awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's New Year/Celebration challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wowee Lynn - your card is just fabulous ... one of my favourite images and colours combined .. its brilliant.. and thank for joining us with your fabulous song title at LCI and your non xmas card at MAWTT.
Sounds like you had a fab Christmas too
Lisa ;)

Kerry said...

What a wonderful MIL Linby!! I love Winestool Nikki sitting at the top waiting for midnight to strike. I think purple is definitely her colour :-D Thanks for joining us at LCI this week. xx

Louise said...

Love the inspiration for this card and sounds like a perfect Christmas Day! ;-)

Happy New Year to you too
Louise xx

kayc said...

Just love the colours on this card. Sounds like you had a good christmas. Happy New Year. Kathleen x

Julia Dunnit said...

A purple haze indeed - another triumph Lynne! Love your Christmas day story, a pleasant warm haze is the perfect way to view the day through I think!

deesdesigns said...

Perfect in Purple - love the glitter detail on the rose. I'm so glad you were able to join us this week for our challenge at Catch the Bug and Bugaboo stamps.

Cheryl said...

this is gorgoues hun,love the coulrs on this,beautiful design too hugs cheryl xxx

Tine said...

Hi. Great colourway for a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Whimsey said...

What a great card - love all that purple. Fabulous!! Thank you for joining LCI's song title challenge!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is super, Love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Rose said...

love all the purple and what a fun card to ring in the new year :)

Mary J said...

Fantastic Linby!! love the style and shape!

Thx for joining us at LCI - hope to see your inspiration at our next challenge!

Mary J xxx

WeirdCat said...

Great New Year card, love the different elements,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers
Ruth x

Scrappy said...

Great card! LOVE the color choice you made! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Catch the Bug's New Year Celebration challenge! We hope to see more of your wonderful work in the New Year!

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card, fabulous colours ! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers.
hugs
wynneth
x