Sunday, 5 December 2010

Winter but not Christmas

The challenge on Bee Crafty this week is a card that is a winter scene, but not Christmas. I needed to make a male birthday card for December. Stuck for ideas I used this challenge as my basis together with Paperplay who want monochrome cards. I have never done a "winter" birthday card before but am pleased how it turned out. It is low on embellishments as it is for a man. Instead of using glitter I did a technique I saw Sheena Douglass use, which is to use glue and add embossing power, I did this to the bulrushes and parts of the tree to give some dimension. The images are all from a MCS cdrom called Winter Wonderland.
I'm entering it into:-
Bee Crafty-winter but not Christmas
Paperplay-monochrome
C.R.A.F.T challenge-Christmas birthday
Cute card Thursday-The blues

10 comments:

MaryT said...

Wow Lynn, I love it!

Mary Louise

Trimgym said...

Great Christmas Birthday project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Twiglet said...

Lovely winter scene - looks just like my garden at the mo!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a magnificent card. I love the winter scene you have created. The tree is fabulous. Wonderful crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is brilliant gosh this really is one really beautiful card,hugs cheryl xxxxx

kayc said...

A beautiful card Lynn. Good luck with the challenges. Kathleen x

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a fabulous scene .. looks really magical
Lisa ;)

Gemma said...

beautiful card Linby! Thanks for joining in our Christmas Birthday challenge this week at C.R.A.F.T! Gemma :)
P.s. Check out my yummy blog candy here, closes 12/12!!

Alicia said...

Oooh, this is lovely...love your choice of monochrome colours. Thanks for sharing your talent at Paper Play this week and good luck!
Alicia xx

ditzy-crafts said...

great card,good luck with the challenge x