Saturday, 29 January 2011

Colours of your Country

The challenge on Creative Card Crew is - Colours of your Country. I am in England and yes I know the flag is actually red, white and blue, however, I've used a little artistic licence LOL! I've wanted to do a flag for ages and had a template from Docrafts magazine. I think the theme just prompted me to go for it.
I've used two glittered papers from the stash (aka paper mountain!) some pale blue paper and some clear patterned vellum. Placed a punched butterfly in the centre. The darker blue is actually some suede effect paper from HOTP which I have had for years, saving it for something!
I'd also like to enter the card into-
CES challenge blog - bold and bright
One Stitch at a Time - As you like it

I've broken the resolution of not buying any more craft stuff a few times this year! I had a resolute one though, that I would not buy any more paper. Then I saw these Websters papers........... (and the ribbon!)
I ordered on Wednesday from  The Craftz Boutique and it came this morning beautifully wrapped in this animal print tissue with the lovely personalised tag.

20 comments:

~amy~ said...

love your card...soooo sparkly:) I try really hard to not make any crafty resolutions of not buying something because then I always find stuff that I "need" to buy..haha

Anne said...

Very unusual card, love it. Thanks for linking up with us at OSAAT this week. Hugs x

Lisa Jane said...

I love t Lynn- there are so many union Jack inspred items out at the moment - i guess with the Royal wedding coming up etc - so its right on trend
Lisa ;)

del-16.p said...

Love your Union Jack card - super idea.
Love,Elspeth.

Lynne said...

Great card Lynn, very creative. I`ve been looking at Websters pages lately but did you know you can get as download? I just can`t decide which ones I `need` first.
Lynne xxx

Rose said...

well I love your take on the flag much better then the real colors :) BEAUTIFUL

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
What a wonderful take on the theme. I love how you have used the papers to create a "Union Jack". Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card and so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Lynn.Thanks for playing along this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun what a great design hugs cheryl xxxxx

Ann said...

Clever idea Lynn - wouldn't it be nice if all flags were this pretty.

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

A.J. said...

Lovely card, great take on our flag!
Thanks for playing along with our As You Like It challenge this time over at OSAAT!

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love this card Linby - the Union Jack is so popular on lots of household items at the moment, so you are very "on trend" as the fashion experts say. I like the fact that you've used patterned and textured papers in there too. Thank you for joining in the fun at OSAAT. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Susie Sugar said...

OMG Linby that rosey ribbon is just so yummy I have to get some of that ASAP, I already have the papers I got them for christmas but can't bring myself to use them !! lol what an I like
Have you used any yet ? I'm betting the answer is No !! ha ha
I found another make of craft stuff I think you'll love its called Delish have you heard of it ? its so classy I know you'll love it , check it out
Hugs Sis xx

Jayne said...

Lovely card, great way to fly the flag! Thanks for joining us last week at OSAAT....hope you can join us again this week. Oh.....and I love your new stash!

Juls said...

fab creation!! Love the mix of Dp's!!

the resolve to not buy more!!!!!! I once put myself on a craft spending ban for 6 months....amazingly I kept it, but I never saw much af a dent in my stash so I am not sure why I bother....at the mo I have decided I have to make 100 things before I can spend again....I have done 10, so 90 to go....so so difficult....love your new goodies!!! I can see why you had to buy them!!! Hugs Juls

Merry said...

What a wonderful take on the challege...so love the card. Makes me smile that you couldn't resist the papers. It is so hard to not buy craft stuff.

Julie said...

Beautiful card Linby! Great design and papers, and I rather like the look of your new stash too! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliexx

kaylou said...

great card thanks for joining us at CES challenges.
Hugs kaylou xx