Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Daisy, daisy.....


I've used the sketch on Stamptacular Sunday for this card. I've used a new Sheena Douglas stamp, added some MS extra fine glitter to the flowers, used some Papertrey DP with daisy vellum over the top. I've had that vellum since 2006 as I remember buying it in a sale and I so had to have it - but too nice to cut up - but I'm not doing that anymore LOL! I didn't have a nestie big enough for the image so I used my one of my X-cut frames on my glass mat, and what a difference it makes to using it on self healing mat. I then distressed the edges of the oval with my new Tim Holtz gadget and blended some distress ink around the edges (using the glass mat - very versatile eh?). I've added some ribbon and a sentiment rub on from my stash.
I'm entering the card into these challenges:-
Stamptacular Sunday-sketch
Charisma Cardz-birthday
Cute Card Thursday-out with the old (the vellum)
MAWTT- Ring out the old ring in the new (the vellum and the stamp)
Phindy's Place-distressing

20 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

ooh I like this Lynn, fabby textures and nice warm tones. Nice to see you braving chopping into your stash! I'm starting to be brave like that too
Love
victoria
x
ps - got your email will reply later when kids in bed!
xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty little image . I love the ribbons too. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love that beautiful image. The ribbon is really gorgeous and the design paper is fabulous. Brilliant card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pink Sunshine said...

What a gorgous card, thanks for joining us at Charismas birthday challenge.
Sally. x

Louise said...

ooh, it makes me feel like Spring is on the way! well done for cutting into your stash.

Hugs Louise x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Lynn
This is just beautiful spring has sprung, lovely, I love using my glass mat havent used the other mat since buying it, its so versitile, havent spelt that right,
Chris x

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous card, just love the colours and image.
Thanks for sharing this with us at MAWTT.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Cec said...

Great card. Love the ribbon framing the image. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place and I hope we will see you again next week.
Hugs!
Cec

Cheryl said...

oh one beautiful image hun and love the ribbon,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Leanne said...

This is gorgeous!

This would be a fantastic entry into the Top Tip Tuesday 'Anything Goes' Challenge!  Hope to see you there!

Hugs
Leanne xx

kayc said...

A very delicate stamp and I love the ribbon. Beautiful card. Kathleen x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty! Love the image & the ribbon looks great!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

~amy~ said...

gorgeous spring-y card!

Anne said...

What a beautiful card, I love Sheena's stamps. And the trouble with liking something too much to cut it up is that eventually you will fall out of love with it. Use it and love it:)
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Ashley said...

I love your work! beautifull! also love the ribbon! thank you so much for joining us at stamptacular! Hugs ashley

Leah the Orange said...

love these soft, warm colours - just the thing to get my mind off our cold winter here in South Jersey! thanks for playing along with the Charisma Gals this week! xo

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, love the card, love the ruffly ribbon :-)
Anne xx

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card!
Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
xxx Anne-Marije

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love the colours and your gorgeous ribbon!!! I hope you have a wonderful 2011!!
Hugs xx

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous! Love the colours and the image, and the ribbon is fabulous! Hugs Juls