Thursday, 27 January 2011

Delight in your digi!


The challenge on Fab 'n' Funky this week is "delight in your digi!" which means you have to use a digi on your work. These shoes are the latest lovely digi freebie from Sylvie at Creative Mind of Sylvie. Now although I have lots of unused rubber and digis, these shoes just had to be used at once! I decided to paper piece the tops of the shoes and add a little peel off for the gemstone. The smallest layer is made using an embossing folder with an ink pad rubbed over, as is the sentiment.
Of course I had some bits over from the paper piecing, so I decided to make another card with the leftovers. this time I paper pieced the soles and coloured the uppers with promarkers.
Both cards also fit the challenge at PaperPlay - layer it up.

Thanks for all your good wishes, I am feeling a lot better than I did. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday though. Whilst I was off work and feeling sorry for myself, especially as I couldn't craft, look what came in the post from Lisa at Mess 2 Magic.

The candy I won from her Blogversary - thanks so much Lisa.

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is an amazing card. I love the colours and papers and the embossed panels are brilliant. Love the punched corners. Fabulous shoes.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sylvie said...

Hi Lynn,
I'm so sorry that you felt poorly, I hope you are feeling better now. WOW! your cards are just fantastic! I love both of them.. Fab colours! Thanks for using my image..
Big Hugs
Sylvie X

Merry said...

What fantastic cards...those shoes are lovely. Also what a terrific candy to win....I am sure you will have fun.

Suzi said...

Gorgeous card Linby, love those shoes, and congrats on the candy win, Enjoy it sweetheart and I hope you feel better over the weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Louise said...

lovley cards Lynn, love the paper piecing. very jealous of your candy win too - enjoy!!

Louise xx

Cheryl said...

oh just love those shoes,hun they are lush,have fun with the candy too,hun hugs cheryl xxx

Brad Fallon said...

Gorgeous cards Lynn! Those shoes are cute!

Sara said...

Congrats on winning the candy and glad to hear you're felling better. Love the paper pieced shoes, great technique to use with this image.

Sara xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow lynn.. those shoes are fantastic .. i love the paper piecing
Thanks you for my beautiful "thank you" card - it has pride of place on my mantelpiece
Lisa ;)

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at paper play with this fab card, great image, hugs Liz xx