Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Peacock feather

This is a new stamp of mine, just a simple peacock feather. I used a big and juicy pad to get the shading and embossed with clear powder and then added purple and blue glitters (which aren't showing up!). Sentiment at the bottom is punched with SU punch and SU sentiment stamped on. I threaded the silk ribbon through two slits I made in the card. I really wanted some purple ribbon, but had nothing suitable.
I've taken the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge which this week is a bingo card option. I've gone for the bottom line of "punched/die cut, ribbon, embossing".

11 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Fantastic card Lynn I love green and purple together, I have just coloured in an image with these 2 colours, beautiful card.
Chris x
well done on winning Lisa;s candy

Merry said...

What a terrific stamp....I bet you will get heaps of use from that. And this card would be even pretty in real life with all the glitter showing.

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing adore that feather,great SU stamp too ,hugs cheryl xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a simple layout but it is very effective. I love the imagr and the ribbon. Gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful image .. love the colours .. will try and get to the post office today lol
Lisa ;)

kayc said...

What lovely colours. Have a good day. Kathleen x

Chris (catt871) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and I think the green ribbon really sets it off! So pretty!! THANKS For joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
Chris

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Embossing is so fun! I love the feather image too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty card Linby and I love the peacock feather stamp. That multicoloured ink really sets it off.
Hugs
Carol x

debby4000 said...

Lovely, elegant card.
luv
Debby

Sarita said...

This is a lovely CAS card Linby, the feather is so striking, and authentic with the multi tonal ink pad you've used. And of course I love the silky ribbon. Did youorder yours from America or didget it in this country?
Love Sarita xx