Monday, 3 January 2011

Sparkle and shine

My first tri-fold card and maybe my last! I got the template from Brenda on Floral Fantasies -thanks Brenda.
I was always told when growing up that "pride comes before a fall". I made a practice template, and that is a big thing for me as I like to get straight to it, I did all the measuring - I hate measuring and I can't do it, and it worked!  Then I began the card...... It looks ok in the photo, but I did have a few mishaps with it. I'm not sure now I realise the amount of accurate measuring required that I will be doing this again!
I've used papermania papers and one of the coordinating stamps. In case you think it is your eyes, the paper comes in two sizes and the image is resized accordingly, so the chandelier in the centre paper is smaller than the one on the edges.
I'm entering it into these challenges:-
Bunny Zoe - sparkle and shine
Creative Inspirations - something new (new technique to me)

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I love thsat chandelier image Lynn and well done for persevering .. it looks great to me
Lisa ;)

Merry said...

I think you have made a lovely first tri-fold card Linby. I am much the same as you...not really into all the measuring but have to give all these cards a try. Wishing you a very happy 2011 and thanks so much for the lovely Christmas ecard. Just got back from holidays and trying to catch up in blogland.... I am up to 'c'. :-)

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is one amazing tri fold card,really beautifully detailed too,hun gorgoues
bless you too for playing at creative insirations,too,hugs cheryl xxxx

~amy~ said...

absolutely elegant...I love all the chandies!

Rose said...

this is stunning!!
you sew and hate to measure?? lol

brenda said...

Hi Linby

Here at last to check it out....things seem to take me forever sometimes. It's gorgeous and loving the DP and images on it.

B x