Sunday, 9 January 2011

That seals it

On my Workdesk on Wednesday I had my wax gun (out of the box now and the yellow thing in this picture). So many of you asked what it was and what it did that I thought I would share with you my efforts so far. You basically melt solid wax with it, whilst the wax is liquid you stamp your seal into it. My seal is above (lilac) and has three interchangeable designs. Of course I need more now as I think I have maxed these out. While the wax is hot you can insert ribbon, sprinkle glitter into it etc. You can do it directly onto your project but it is messy to use and I thought a batch of them would be better on my craft sheet, which they easily lift off from. Now I have them ready to put onto cards.




Now for another card I have made with the Russian doll. This is a template on the cd rom, I have printed them again and decoupaged them over one another, added a little glitter. Printed the inlay from the cd rom and it also prints a lovely little doll on the back. This is the first time I have made a card completely from a cdrom, usually I cut the elements out. Pretty pleased with how it has turned out. I'm entering it into Craft your days away - anything goes.Delicious Doodles challenge - something new. I also got into their top three last week with this card - which is one of my favs right now.

14 comments:

Sherry Edwards said...

Your Russian doll card is fab!

I like your wax seal embellishments. Have you tried rubber stamping into the melted wax? Although I haven't got the gun you have, I like using wax - I have a solid block which I melt using a mini quiliters iron onto a craft sheet and before it completely hardens, a rubber stamp can be pressed into it.

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love the seals Lynn - my daughter wants one of those ..
The Russian dolls are adorable too and look really great in blue
Lisa ;)

~amy~ said...

Neat seals...I have a glue gun somewhere...where did I put it?! LOVE your tall card!

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Lynn and Happy New Year to you. I see you are as busy and productive as ever and I love your wax seals. The Russian Doll card is lovely.
Hugs
Carol x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
The russian doll card is brilliant and I look forward to seeing your seals used. I got a wax gun before Christmas and am still at the playing stage.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Chrissie said...

Great seals Linby! Thanks for the enlightenment!
I have git a few seals but they are mainly Christmas ones and I have to melt the wax the old fashioned way... I use my gas candle lighter!
Great card too!
Chrissie

oneoff said...

Mmmm - love the seals. That's a great idea for some dimension, and I like the way you can add ribbons/whatever takes your fancy while the wax is hot.

The Russian dolls are lovely; it's great to see a really interesting inner with the card, and the little extra doll on the back is sweet.

Crafting Joanne said...

A lovely card Linby, the russian dolls look fab inside as well as out.

Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our 'Anything Goes' challenge.

Hugs

Joanne x

Teri said...

Cute doll card hun!
Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh not seen one of those for melting wax before, cool :-) I really want to do some wax seals but haven't seen a 'stamp' (is that what they're called?) that I really like. Another lovely Russian doll card. Love the torsos below, they're fab, great colours :-)
Anne xx

Happy Days said...

Wonderful project, I have a thing for russian dolls and these are so cute. Thanks for sharing with us over at Delicious Doodles this week. x

Allison said...

these dolls are so lovely
thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
AllisonX

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your dolls are wonderful! Thanks for sharing the details. Thanks so much for joining us at Delicious Doodles! Hope to see you again next challenge!!

Mel X said...

Aww, such a pretty card.

Thanks for joining us this time at Craft Your Days Away. Good luck.

Mel X