Monday, 28 February 2011

Coffee and Cream

This is my second post today, please scroll down for my PTI card. I didn't want to miss some of the challenges with this card so decided to post now!

Over on Simon Says Challenge this week they want you to use Coffee and Cream. I thought this new digi image by Leanne Ellis fitted the bill perfectly as it comes in B/W and in Sepia, which is the one I have printed and coloured for this card. I've used some SU striped card-stock and cut some corners from some paper from my scrap box. I don't have many shades of brown promarkers, so pleased with the effect I managed to achieve. At first I thought I was going to need to colour the foliage in green but I think I got away with keeping it to mono colours.

I'd like to enter this card into:-
Simon Says - coffee and cream
A Spoonful of Sugar-birthday wishes
Truly Scrumptious-swirls and pearls
Creative Inspirations-stripes
Stampin for the weekend - mono

BTW This digi is direct from Leanne's shop on Etsy. She has buy one get one free until 4 March.

13 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is beautiful! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of Stripes at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Don't forget to check out my blog for the Celebration Candy! xxx

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS and what a beautiful image!!!
xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...Love the image...Thank you for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Cheryl said...

oh love this image,hun gorgoues colours,on this too,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

what an elegant card - such a beautiful image
Lisa ;)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh 'get away with it' iscnot at all the thought that comes over; it's really lovely in monotones, really adds to its class!

Suzi said...

Fabulous card Linby, love that image and the layout. She look perfect in these colours.
Hugs
Suzi x

kayc said...

Hi Lynn, Just read your last 4 posts. All gorgeous cards. Good luck with the challenges. Have a good day. Kathleen x

del-16.p said...

Gorgeous card - love the mono look.
Love,Elspeth

Ann said...

Coffee & cream - this card even sounds delicious! I'm a big fan of Leanne's stamps so its great to see one here - such a pretty card Lynn.

Carolyn V said...

Oooh, that image is wonderful and I love the monochromatic coffee colour... mmmmm, I love coffee...

Sarita said...

Your card is lovely Linby, such a sweet image and she looks amazing coloured in the coffee tones.
Hope you are well Linby ,
Love Sarita xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html