Tuesday, 1 February 2011

The more candles.....

I've used the sketch on cute Card Thursday challenge to make this card for my friends forthcoming 60th birthday. I decided against putting the age on the front but thought the sentiment said it all! I've used LL-B papers again (you know once something finds it way onto my desk I make it work for me LOL!). Some green silk ribbon, three pearl stones and the sentiment is from SU. The stamp is a PB one (with the music upside down, that is how the stamp is!, instead of using the whole image I cut it out with a nestie.
I would also like to enter it into Crazy 4 challenges who want to see vintage/shabby chic cards.

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
The design papers are absolutely gorgeous. I love the sentiment. A beautiful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

del-16.p said...

Hi Lynn,
I love your stylish card.The colours you have chosen are superb.
Love,Elspeth.

Louise said...

I love that sentiment and have used it so many times as it always makes me smile!!
Love the shabby chic look of the card.

Hugs Louise xx

kayc said...

All these papers go so well together. A beautiful card. Kathleen x

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgoues hun love the sentiment,you have used hugs cherylxx

Juls said...

very stylish! a great mix of papers and I love that image! Hugs Juls

Lisa Jane said...

Be3autiful card - i love the rose and the manuscript paper
Lisa ;)

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn! I love the flowery image.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs
Vanja