Saturday, 12 February 2011

Shabby chic Daisy


I've made this card for the challenge over at The Sugar Bowl where I rather liked the look of the sketch and the theme photo.
I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I've used Basic Grey "wisteria" DPs and the image is of course Daisy from sugar nellie - my fav stamp still! I've been brave and used a nestie to cut part of her rather than the whole stamped image, I don't usually do anything like that but it seems to have worked ok! You can see the glitter I've added in the small photo below. I also stamped her and the sentiment with Paris Dusk Memento ink rather than black. Added a small MS punched butterfly and a few adhesive pearls.

6 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Fantastic Lynn this is the 2nd time today I have saw this beautiful image must get mine out she is adorable, you followed the sketch better than me, I cut the circle out from the paper below so I could use it again it was just too nice to cover up, a beautiful card, hope you are having a good weekend,
Chris x

Lynne said...

Fabulous card. The muted colours of the DP really make the imagestand out.
Lynne xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Lynn.. i love this image and you have coloured it beautifully..fabulous muted colours and papers and the sentiment is just perfect
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Daisy is one of my favourites and she looks so right on this gorgeous card. This is beautifully done. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

kayc said...

Hi Lynn
What a beautiful card. Lovely soft colours. Kathleen x

Rose said...

isn't she precious!! beautiful card girl :)