Friday, 25 February 2011

Something you don't see everyday...........

Something you don't see everyday........... a fairy having a bath in a teacup! This is a stamp from Sweet Pea that I have had for a while and it is just seeing ink for the first time. The sentiment was a freebie from Paulette at Create with TLC. The backgound papers are K&Co - I remember when I first got these papers I loved them so much, I even used them to decorate the small Ikea drawer set in my craft room. My tastes are changing though, and so this is a lesson to use things and not hang onto them forever! I decided to add a piece of ribbon that was in my blog candy from Lisa at Mess2Magic along the top, with my new found technique from Victoria's workshop.
I've been so tired this week, so sorry for not doing much blog hopping or commenting. I'm trying to use some of the time I was spending on the PC to exercise. Also, it is manic at work. I was supposed to be on a week's training course this week, postponed from September, now it is likely to be April followed by one week in May, June, July and September. There is work to be done in between the courses too, so quite how I am going to be able to plan any time off is a bit beyond me at the moment!
Oh yes-nearly forgot, I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Flutterby Wednesday- anything as long as it has wings
Paperplay-Let's get sentimental
Crafty Creations-At the bottom of my garden lives......
Stamps R Us-for the girls

16 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Lyn You sound exhausted, this is a beautiful card its like looking through a window, love the image, get some rest and have a great weekend.
Chris x

Wipso said...

Good luck with all your work load.
A x

Cheryl said...

oh lynn hun,you sound so tired,you take it easy your card hun is just so beautiful hugs cheyrl xxx

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful and such a sweet image....love it!!! You sound very busy,do try and get some sleep!!xx

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet image...love what you've done with it!

Rose said...

this is to cute!! love the lace :)

hope all works out well with work.

kayc said...

Just love the lace. Beautiful card. Have a restful weekend. Kathleen x

Julie M said...

Very cute card, Lyn - I love the image, and the pretty vintage papers and lace.

Thanks for joining us again this week on PaperPlay.

Julie :o)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, beautiful card, love that stamp :-)
Take care and get plenty of rest
Anne xx

Lisa Jane said...

HI Lynn lovely to see you.. fab little image .. i think the the cup is perfect for a fairy bathtub lol..
Pretty papers
Lisa ;)

Merry said...

A beautiful card Linby...I really like the way you have done the lace across the top. Hope you get some relaxing time today.

Kristie said...

So pretty! I love the pleated lace and your fairy. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesdays.

Paige said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

nicoleqmullen said...

Beautiful image, and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenges this week!!

Jenni said...

Gorgeous - love the fairy image and all your lovely papers and embellishments! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Creations challenge this week.
Jenni x

Marilyn said...

This is a gorgeous card... love the attention to detail.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn