Sunday, 13 February 2011

Spring in the spotlight

Once I had a go at the spotlight technique with yesterdays card I couldn't stop! I've made this and another card using the same technique.
The little teddy in the background sits next to where I take my photos and I thought he fitted in today so he makes an appearance! My neighbour bought him back from the USA a few years ago as a joke, as I had recently suffered an bad attack in the garden by hornets. (I had to sit an exam the next day too!) When the pest man came to take away the nest I stood inside looking out the french window because I daren't venture outside, but my neighbours unbeknown to me where in my garden. As the man lifted the nest out, they pounced out and made buzzing noises through the window at which I nearly passed out LOL!
anyway, I'm entering it into the following challenges:-

MAWTT-Spring flowers inspiration photo
Phindys place- spring is on the way
Cupcake Inspiration-photo inspiration
Secret crafter Saturday challenge- a stamped flower (hope this counts as thee is more than one!)

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Another gorgeous card using that great technique ..thanks for joining su at MAWTT this week.. the hornets nest is no joke .. i one disturbed a wasps nest whilst mowing the lawn .. and was stung 21 times!! It hurt !! and i was here all alone .. i just cried. So i wont laugh at your misfortune

Lisa

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a charming card. I love the spring flowers. Brightened up my day this has.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

oh adore the flowers on this hun,just so beautiful hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Lynne said...

Such a sweet card Lynn. Those stamps were the first ones I bought, yonks ago.You make them look so much better than I ever did.
Lynne xxx

kayc said...

Beautiful flowers. Spring is just around the corner! Kathleen x

Ronnie said...

This is such a cute card! I love the way you spotlighted different parts of the flowers. Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Pami said...

This is a stunning card and I love this technique, I want to try it myself! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Rachel Hope said...

So fun! Great spotlights! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love seeing all the flower cards being done for Spring - this is adorable - so glad you joined us at Phindy's Place (-:

Chris said...

You neighbors sound like a hoot. You did a great job with the spotlight technique.
Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Merry said...

Love it Linby...you have this spotlight technique all figured out.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous, love the spotlight technique and the bright colours, hopefully Spring is on it's way.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at MAWTT this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

DesignerDiva said...

What a FAB technique I haven't seen it before - its really effective and I will be having a go at that soon, Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week Good luck Laurie x

Anne said...

What a pretty spotlight card, very springlike.
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Curlybear said...

Wow amazing creation, and beautiful colours

thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 121 A Stamped Flower

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC D

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Sorry Im so late in commenting on cards, this is super and just right for our theme on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x