Monday, 21 February 2011

Spring, a workshop and an award

This is my entry for the Less is More challenge this week who want to see "spring" featured on the card. I decided to use some Sue Poole stamps and then embossed over the image after cutting around the edge. I've been thinking about this for a few days and this was not what I was going to do! I think maybe I should have stopped and not embossed it - the clue is in the challenge title isn't it LOL!
I was at a SU workshop with the lovely Victoria on Saturday. This is the box we made and the cake I got to put in it (YUM) .........
and one of the cards we made - this is the one I am proudest of as I have wanted to have a go at that ribbon effect for ages.
I've also been given this award by the very talented and amusing Lynne from Cards from Lynne's Loft. Do visit her blog, her cards are beautiful. I've already been given the award once before so I won't pass it on again.

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous makes .. love the little box and the ribbon on the card is gorgeous
Lisa;)

Julia Dunnit said...

ooh lovely stuff, how lovely a workshop that was! Hey, I like those Sue Poole images!

Chrissie said...

I can't quite work out how your Spring card works from this angle Linby, is the sentiment inside? I think you may be right about the embossing!
The things you made with Victoria are fab!
Thanks for joining us again and we hope to see you next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
These are all brilliantly crafted. The matching box and card are brilliant and the first card is beautiful. Wonderful projects.
hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

oh hun first love your card,so bright,and cheery but classy too,next your box hun just gorouges,that ribbon is just lush,beautiful hugs cheryl xxx

Juanita said...

I love those flower stamps, and I don't think the embossing is a problem at all. It adds some real dimension to a one layer card.

Cheryl said...

Oh such beautiful creations and love the colours!!! Hmmm it's lucky you got your cake into the box,I think I would have eaten mine...lol...
xx

Ann said...

Sweet little box Linby - I love those pretty butterflies.

Susan said...

Very creative card. Love the box

Biscuitlid said...

I love how you've cut your flowers out on the card - might be giving that a try! I know what you mean abou the clue being in the title, each time I've wanted to add something else or do something else and had to walk away to stop myself!

So glad there was a cupcake left to fit in your box, would have been a shame to cram one of those sugared donuts in!

Your ribbon looks better than mine!

Love
Victoria
x

Mandi said...

Nice cut work, lovely spring card
Great cards from your time spent with the FAB Victoria!

Thank you for joining us, much appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"

kayc said...

Lovely Spring card. Yummy cake too. Love them all. Kathleen x

ding said...

Wow you've been busy with some really lovely projects. The pink ribbon detail is stunning!
Diane x

Sandra said...

Lovely spring card....and gorgeous box and matching card!

Take care
San x

Vicky Hayes said...

Cutting round the flowers on the edge of your card is a great idea and I love the ribbon treatment on the card at the bottom!

Sue said...

Lovely projects Linby. Love the ribbon effect. Sue.x

Merry said...

Hi Linby....what beautiful creations you have made. I agree that ribbon on the card is stunning. I am off to a Stampin Up fundraiser today....can't wait to play.

sharingthepassion said...

Fabulous creations, love them!

Ali x

Rose said...

i like the embossed effect :) and that ribbon....YUM :)