Monday, 14 February 2011

There is no beginning.......

I saw this card (below) on Amy's blog and it inspired me to get out of my comfort zone.
Mine isn't as "Zingy" as Amy's but it is pretty wild for me LOL! I used DCWV 12x12 card for the base and then used three My Minds eye patterns mounted on yellow glitter paper. I added a flower and put some glitter into the centre together with some glitter on the fronds under the flower. I though the striped paper looked a bit bare so I cut out a corner with my bug and then balanced it with another in the right hand corner too. the sentiment is one of a job of stamps lot I bought from ebay in 2006, and this is the first time it has seen ink. In fact when I came to ink it I realised it had NEVER seen ink from its previous owner either!!!!
I'd like to enter the card into Card patterns  - which is where the sketch for the card came from One stitch at a time challenge, "make it pretty" and Allsorts Challenge which wants "It's all about the sentiment".

12 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the warm colours on this card. It is beautifully done. The papers are fantastic and the sentiment is fabulous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

So beautiful and the bright colours look fabulous!!!
Hugs xx

~amy~ said...

::woot woot:: Well I think your card is mighty "zingy" :) LOVE that saying:) I love the mix of colors and patterns...one of my favorite colors is orange!

Lisa Jane said...

wowee i love those bright colours - gorgeous
Lisa ;)

Merry said...

Terrific card...the colours are wonderful and you have teamed all the pattern papers so well.

kayc said...

Your card is stunning. Love those warm colours. Kathleen x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, lovely bright card, the corners were a really good idea, works a treat on the striped paper :-)
Anne xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Fab Lyn. wonderful warm colours and a gift for matching patterns, it looks great.

Rose said...

LOVE it!! :) fantastic job of getting out of the ole comfort zone girl :)

NinaB said...

So glad that Card Patterns has made you create out of your comfort zone. Thanks for joining us this week.

Marjo said...

Gorgeous,thanks so much for joining our Birthday Bash at OSAAT.

Hugs, Marjo..Don't forget to check out my Birthday Comment Candy here

Hugs, Marjo

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is a great card and sometimes it can surprise you when you take a leap and come away from your comfort zone...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx