Tuesday, 8 March 2011

The artist and an award

I bought this Kraftin Kimmie stamp specifically to make a card for someone who paints. When I came to use the sentiment I realised of course they had used the American spelling of Colour, so it says "color me happy" - I just couldn't use it, pedantic I know but there you go! So it has ended up with a good old SU Happy Birthday sentiment instead.
I bought some digital inches from one of my fav artists Zorana - I thought one of them fitted perfectly onto the easel as a half painted canvas. I've used My Minds eye papers and some SU plain cardstock. added some garden twine and buttons and a small token bit of bling.
I'm entering it into these challenges:-
Simon Says - recipe - 2 patt papers, plain for layering and 3 different embellies
Bling it on - anything goes
Kraftin Kimmie-use twine or floss
Ladybug Crafts Ink - spring colours

Thanks to Chris at Bling-kin-eck and Mass of Hair at So much to Learn who have both given me this award this week - thanks so much for thinking of me.
The rules for this seem to differ but one take on it is to share something unusual about myself. Well I found out today from the physio that I have very flexible knees. Apparently this is what may be causing the pain in my knee - I've even got to learn how to stand differently because unbeknown to me I am putting extra pressure on my knee!
Seven new blogs I have discovered and would like to pass the award to are:-
Rubber side down
Gibmiss
CraftyHallett
Can't stop crafting
Keeping in touch
Grenouille Greetings
Mitchypoo's crafting blog
All discovered through the great challenge Less is More.

21 comments:

Patsi said...

Great card I love the image and the little picture on the Easle. Thanks for joining us at bling it on..... X

Susan said...

Awww...thanks for the award, Linby!! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness! Congrats on the MBA too. I was late getting my BSBA (I was 42 and I graduated one week before my oldest graduated from high school!)

Grenouille Greetings said...

How lovely of you to give me this award! Thank you very, very much! I am in fact a very bad blogger who is very bad at uploading awards but I shall make a real effort to be good about this one!
I love your card by the way! Especially the bit of paper piecing on the easel! Perfect! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Another fabulous card. I love the colours and the image is fabulous. Well done on the award.
Did you notice that I have left one for you too?
Hugs,
Fiona x

Merry said...

This is such a wonderful card. Love how you have added the paper to her artwork. Clever idea. I so agree with you and the wording. :-)

Suzi said...

Hi Linby, sorry I've been missing, just life getting in the way and taking up a lot of my time. Love this Kimmie image and your layout. Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cheryl said...

oh great image hun,just love the papers you have used,work perfectly hugs cheryl xxxx

Lisa Jane said...

Its wonderful Lynn.. and i just love the paper pieced canvas lol
Why not enter it into Ladybug crafts ink spring colours challenge
Lisa ;)

Suze Bain said...

Thanks so for much for the award, aren't we all a lovely bunch of people :0), I find myself spending far too much time browsing other peoples blogs these days - it's addictive!! Thanks again, Suze x

Inkyfingers said...

Great card Lynn and very creative use of the painting. Congratulations on your award! I too have painful knees - but only in bed, so I don't know where that comes from.
Hugs
Carol x

Biscuitlid said...

this is so clever Lynn, gentle colour combo too. What a shame about the spelling on the sentiment. the inchie is perfect for the easel and matches your papers so well too.

I have some interesting images of you trying to stand differently now! I hope it improves the pain you're having though.

Love
Victoria
x

Zorana said...

That is so creative and pretty! I wish I looked so cute while I was painting those roses.... that would have been something!

kayc said...

Hi Lynn, Just love those papers you have used. Take care. Kathleen x

pinky said...

Love your card, gorgeous papers and what a cute image. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and I love the image (even if the sentiment was hopeless!!) Thanks for joining in with my Spring Colours challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink
Sue xx

Pami said...

A wonderful card, I love the image and my favourite papers as well!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week. Good luck. Pami x

Mary J said...

Well deserved award honey! And I love your card - so fun and love the colouring!

Thx for joining in with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

Mary J xxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh flexible knees eh! I have visions of you with very wonky legs now, all rubbery hehe. It's going to be difficult learning to stand differently.
Gorgeous card Lin, lovely colours, lovely stamp :-)
Anne xx

Gez said...

Super cute card. My favourite colours :)
Hope you have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

shell said...

i love this, that image is so cute and you have used my all time fav papers ;-0)
Thanks for joining us at Bling It On.
Shell xx

Sharon said...

Great card. Love the colour combo and the image is fab.
Thanks for joining us at the Bling It On challenge.
Sharon xx