Monday, 14 March 2011

Lemon zingy plus an award

I really had fun making this card. I cut into some luscious 12x12 yellow paper I have and then added some brown woodgrain effect below to look like a dest top. The green sparkly ribbon to represent grass as if you are looking out of a window. I got the template for the typewriter from Papercraft inspirations. I cut out all the elements and then decorated it with SU trendy trees stamp (I really must use that set as trees soon, only used it for background effects so far LOL!). I used a PTI fillable frame and put a Paula Pascale sentiment inside.
The idea for this card came from this picture in the magazine.
I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:-
Crafty Catz-Yellow and green
Papertake weekly-Lemon zingy

Now I have been a bad blogger. The lovely Fiona at Lil Daffodil gave me this award last week and I forgot to blog it.

Thanks Fiona. I have to tell you seven facts and pass it on to 15 bloggers. Well dear readers, I do not have the stamina for passing it to 15 bloggers - I'm sorry, but those of you that do this know it is very labour intensive. So if you would like this award please help yourself. I will now try and must up 7 facts!
1 Suzi at Sugar n Spice was my first follower
2 Fiona at Lil Daffodil was in the first five of my followers
3 I saw Tony Robinson from Time Team/Baldrick fame in London last year when I was on my lunchbreak
4 I'm going to the Barbara Gray workshop in August in Nottingham - yipee (anyone else going?)
5 I love a good bargain - a crafty one even better!
6 I spend too much time blog hopping and not enough creating
7 I have more inspiration from looking at your blogs than I can ever put into practice!

16 comments:

Wipso said...

A well deserved award Lynn.
Just wanted to say thanks for the gorgeous card and magnet you sent for Jo and I. The magnet now has pride of place on my sewing machine :-)
Thanks again.
Hugs,
A x

Victoria said...

fab card Lynn - love that lemon paper, very yummy. Brave cutting in to it!

Well done on your award too
Love
Victoria
x

Julia Dunnit said...

Great take on the card - I too was drawn to those typewriter images! Well done on the award!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
What a fab take on the mag picyure. Great papers ans colours. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Merry said...

Congrats on your award Lynn...and I can so relate to a lot of your responses. Great card....love that typewriter.

Sara said...

Love how you've taken the design and made it your own. Great choice of colours.

Sara xx

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for playing along with CraftyCatz this week, x carol

Lisa Jane said...

These are great i love the retro designs
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

great card hun,love that lemon paper,and well done on the award too hugs cheryl xxx

Wipso said...

Do check out my blog :-)
A x

Twiglet said...

Great little card! Thanks lots for the little magnet - we had a giggle and said how lovely it was to hear from you and to think that you saw it and thought of us!!

~amy~ said...

I love it!

Inkyfingers said...

Lovely card Lynn and congratulations on another award. I too like a crafty bargain and spend too much time blog hopping!
Hugs
Carol x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Lynn and ooooh I love the wee typewriter...so cute.
Congrats on your new award and thanks for doing mine. Knees are strange... well I think so.... I would swap you but mine have a mind of their own too but in a different way. One of mine just decides to give way at random which can be quite funny (well unless I'm crossing a road that it)
hugs
Chris xx

Annette said...

Lovely to have a look at your blog, Lynn, and see what you have been busy creating. Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know I'd won the Papertake Weekly challenge. Exciting!

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and thanks for joining Crafty catzs