Saturday, 26 March 2011

to you from me

I've used a freebie sentiment from Paulette at Create with TLC, and then the inspiration came from there. I added minimum colour to the sentiment digi so as to blend with the main flower image. I used PTI "in bloom" set stamped onto black and white polka dot paper for the flower and onto green and white for the leaves. I left a comment this morning on someone's blog saying I preferred one card over another because I don't like stripes with flowers-now look what I went and did!!!
I'm entering this into Allsorts challenge- for a special lady. This card is for my neighbour who does lots of kind things for me and is a very special friend.

13 comments:

Lynne said...

I love this Lynn. That`s a gorgeous huge flower and looks great stamped on dotty paper. I think it depends on the stripes...
Lynne xxx

kayc said...

Just love the ruffled ribbon. Kathleen x

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. Lynn.. well its a woman's perogative to change her mind !
I love the flower and the sentiment is fab
Lisa x

Rose said...

beautiful!!!!
love the strips with flowers :)

will be watching my mail box.......lol

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Beautiful layout. Simple but very stylish. This is a gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

sharingthepassion said...

very pretty, love it

ali x

Debs said...

Beautiful card - I love the flower stamped on the polka dot paper and the ruched ribbon is gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Merry said...

This wonderful, I really like the big flower on the dotty paper.

Cheryl said...

SO beautiful and love the colours.The stripes do look fantastic with the flowers,she must have inspired you!!
xx

Inkyfingers said...

My Mum used to say that red and green should never be seen but where would Christmas be if that were true. I think its great to break the rules we have in our head and your card is lovely, Lynn.

Hugs
Carol x

Huguenot Girl said...

Lynn this is a gorgeous card - love how you have used the In Bloom stamp set and the ruched ribbon! Hugs Nicole x

Spyder said...

I've just seen this lovely card over on the Create with TLC blog, it really is lovely! I did pop in yesterday but I must be forgetting to press the right buttons!!

brenda said...

How very elegant Linby and the ribbon adds a really beatiful finishing touch.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x