Thursday, 14 April 2011

Inspired by chocolate

I've felt a bit listless this week. Long days at work and then coming home and going on the Wii haven't left much time to craft, after starting to surf for five minutes and taking a few hours! Good news is I have now lost 17lbs since Christmas. I was really worried that the week away on my course would pile on the pounds but I was careful and luckily the colleague who went with me is trying to lose weight also, so we supported each other through the week.
When I saw the challenge on Moving along with the times was chocolate, I remembered these decoupage sheets I had bought ages ago. The circle with the bow flips up to reveal the message underneath!
 This is the inside of the card.
I am going out for a Mexican meal tomorrow night to wish a colleague farewell - hopefully one meal won't hurt the weight loss! Then going to see "Corrie"  live on stage at the weekend. It is  "lovingly "cobbled" together from 50 glorious years of Coronation Street". A cast of 6 actors play all 55 characters and are supported by a genuine Corrie guest star at every performance. It is billed as the funniest play of the year-so we will see.

18 comments:

Suzi said...

Oooh! This is so yummy Linby, love the design and the delicous hidden aspect.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cheryl said...

oh hun,this is one,brilliant card great decoupage too,well done on loosing all that weight hun,well done,hugs cherylxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

well done on your weight loss Lynn.. let me know how you have done it !
Love the card ,, and this is one way we can enjoy chocolate without the calories !
Also let me know what the play is like- it sounds interesting
Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

oops and thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Merry said...

Yum...I so love Mexican..have a great night. This is such a wonderful card. Love how it flips up.

Crafty Chris said...

I think the last time I watched Corrie was 10 yrs ago, Your card is lovely perfect colours the sweeties look so real and well done on the weight loss, you deserve a treat.
Chris x

kelli said...

This is fab, such a neat little flap for your words! Congrats on the weight loss, I too know how hard it is! Keep up the good work! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT!

Wipso said...

Well done with the weight loss Lynn. I'm trying hard too and have lost a stone since Christmas .....lots more to go yet but I'm not loosing sleep over it.:-)
Hugs,
A x

Pauline said...

Fab card, love the chocolate theme!

kayc said...

Yummy chocolate card. Great weight loss. Enjoy Corrie. I never miss an episode. Have a good weekend. Kathleen x

Lynne said...

Mmmm chocolate...now THIS is my kind of card, beautifully done.
Well done on your weight loss, I know it`s not easy.
Lynne xxx

Pami said...

Wow, congratulations on the weight loss, well done you. Let me know your secret!! Maybe I eat too much chocolate!! Your card is fabby, and gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week. Good luck! Pami x

~amy~ said...

Delish...congrats on the weight loss!!!

Katina said...

Oh, yummy! Delicious card, beautifully made! You must let us know what Corrie is like. xx

DesignerDiva said...

Your card is yummy Linby, I love the little flap on the front and the pink and brown together are fab. Congrats on the weight loss, 17lbs is really good, I've been on W Watchers for the last month but I've just fallen off the wagon - need to get straight back on lol! Thanks for joining in on my first ever challenge at MAWTT this week and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

mustavcoffee said...

Brilliant, I love hidden messages and chocolate, what more does a girl nee:0) Congrats on your weight loss, I know how hard that can be:0) xxx

Spyder said...

Sounds like you had a fab time. Yummy looking card!!
(Glad you found the freebie paper links handy!)
((Lyn)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Sorry this is a copy and Pasted comment but Shell from the Team is up on holiday with me so we are really busy. Thanks for joining in the Chocolate Challenge with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel and Shell xox