Saturday, 23 April 2011

PTI Wedding

Do you ever get so excited by an idea that you can hardly craft? That's what happened to me with this card, I was almost holding my breath as it all came together with no fingerprints!
I've had lots of inspiration to make this card and I am so pleased with it. Firstly this card by Kate over at A Passion for Papertrey. Because I don't know the person the card is for too well I thought this was a safe card to make.
Then inspiration always from the lovely Sarita - I do so love her style. When I saw the set of Anna Griffin flourish stamps( I have used two of them top and bottom) I thought of her and the style I could maybe achieve. I only ordered them on Tuesday and they came this morning. I would never have dreamt of ordering such stamps in the past but I think they will be good for some "Less is more" cards too.  I created the Mr and Mrs on the PC and cut around with a label nestie. The papers are PTI. I also embossed the swirls with holographic powder, not sure if you can see it better in this photo
I used a new ink pad I bought yesterday on a recommendation from Brenda. So you see lots of people have helped me achieve this beautiful card. Okay - and breathe! off for a rest now, quite tired out LOL!
Oh yes, the card is for these challenges:-
A Passion for Papertrey - wedding
Fab 'n' Funky - here comes the bride
Crafts and Me - Pink and sweet
Stampin for the Weekend - Wedding

17 comments:

kayc said...

Gorgeous. I love that swirl. Kathleen x

Lynne said...

Stunning Lynn.I can understand your excitement.
Lynne xxx

karen said...

oooh gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab n Funky this week, Karenx

Katina said...

Fabulous; I love the vibrant pink! I saw those stamps on Tuesday (are we talking QVC here?!) thought they were great too. xx

Merry said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card....I love the colour you have used.

Sarita said...

This is a stunning card Linby. I so love Anna Griffin, you know me well!! The sentiment looks amazing framed by the flourishes and looks so striking against the pink background,
Thank you for your lovely comments and I'm just so humbled that I gave some inspiration,
Love Sarita xx

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is one,gorgeous card and just love that swirl I have that somewere,brilliant layout hun love it happy easter hugs cheryl xxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, really beautiful card, love the colours :-) I bought those Anna Griffin stamps the previous time, they are gorgeous and such good value - must admit I tend to use the same few all the time though hehe.
Lovely LIM card below too.
Anne xx

Rose said...

this is so pretty!! and yea to the no ink ;) lol i always get it on my card somewhere it is not needed.LOL

Twiglet said...

Love the card - hope you have had a happy Easter. Fab weather makes all the difference!!

Ann said...

Beautifully elegant card Lin. Any happy couple would be bowled over by it.

Louise said...

Hello, what a stunning card, gorgeously elegant!
Happy easter, hope you got to enjoy some sunshine. xx

Mona E said...

Love the simplisity of your card. It`s so elegant. Thanks for playing with us in the pink challenge at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

Aimes said...

What a gorgeous wedding card - love the elegance of those swirls :D
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Caryn said...

Oooh, my favourite PTI paper - can't go wrong! Love the elegant layout - stunning card.

Thanks for playing along at A Passion for Papertrey.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Lyn. Love the colours and the computer generated focal point is spot on. They will love it!
Hugs
Carol x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card I love the colour & those papers are stunning :)
Hugs
Tracey
x