Friday, 1 April 2011

Spring showers

This card all began because I had just bought a set of Henbury Lane stamps reduced in The Range. I think they were only reduced because they were the last set. In fact the Range was sadly lacking in crafting goodies - the shelves were literally bare - has there been some stampede I am unaware of? I was only there because next door at Hobbycraft there was 20% off last night, and it would have rude not to attend. Anyway, by using the wellies on this card I justified the purchase right??
The image, and toppers are from Debbi Moore - Funky Divas -Kerry Jo designs. The paper is was free from a mag, so a good deed for today to use half a sheet of the mounting stash LOL! The sentiment is from my faithful Paula Pascale set.
I had a day off today and me and a friend went for lunch at the Caunton Beck (see below) - yummy. Pity we had some of those spring showers and couldn't sit out.


Oh yes nearly forgot! The card is for the following challenges:-
Sweet Stampin-the weather
Crafty Catz-Spring showers
Stamp Something - digi

9 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely card Lynn. Really like that image. I went to the Range earlier this week and was quite disappointed. They had plenty of stuff but none of the embellishments they used to have. They seem to be concentrating on Docrafts now. I don`t like Hobbycraft and only go now and again. I think it`s very expensive and over rated.
Lynne xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the background design and the fabulous colours. The images are brilliant. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Wipso said...

Hehehe the only part that was actually right is that we are going to see Kylie at Manchester :-) I would have had to ask for large shoe horns to get me into the outfit :-)
Hugs,
A x

Cheryl said...

oh just love the images on this hun,and love the backing papers,hugs cheryl xx

Lisa Jane said...

I love that image and the soft lilac colours .. funky wellies too.Your lunch date looked wonderful
Lisa x

Abi said...

Yep, I think you have justified your purchase with this card!! It's lovely. Gorgeous soft colours. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge x

Glen said...

Cute card Linby. At first glance, I thought she was a mannequin! *Ɯ* Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. ~Glen~

Merry said...

Wonderful use of the images Linby....great card.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Linby
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx