Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Wedding Day

Well I had more than just a "chat" with Paula yesterday - as always, didn't get home til 1am!
I've made this card for my friend's son who is getting married soon. The colour of the invitations is going to this shade purple and spotty so that is why I chose this ribbon. I got the image through a link someone kindly gave on Less is More the other week-but can't remember where, who etc! Edited to say the image is freevfrom http://papercraftinspirations.themakingspot.com/
I printed the image onto acetate and then used some Meltdust, which hasn't shown up too well in the photo. I had a nightmare with my printer, which I have changed since I last used acetate to print onto. In the end I had to use a repositionable adhesive and attach it lightly to a piece of paper to get it to print. Either there is a sensor which won't recognise that there is something to print on, or the acetate is too light.
Look at this little bargain I picked up today for £3!!!!

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:-
Die Cut Dreams - wedding
Crafty Creations - white space
Kaboodle Doodles - here comes the bride
Simon Says - anything goes

15 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow what a gorgeous card ,, i am glad you sussed the acetate as it works really well.
What a bargain ..those will be really useful
Lisa x

acreativeneed said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Twiglet said...

Great card - fab bargain!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cute image! I like that pop of purple ribbon too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Crafty Chris said...

Wow what a gorgeous image and just the splash of purple really classy card, fab bargain too.
Chris x

Rose said...

such a stunning card and what a fun find at a great price :)

Katina said...

Very elegant Linby! What a bargain too! xx

Sally H said...

That is really beautiful, Linby! Those stamps were a real bargain , too!

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant love that image,and sure they will just love it too,hugs cheryl x
oh great bargain on those stamps too hun xxxx

kayc said...

Just love that image. What a fab bargain. Have a nice weekend. Kathleen x

Mummylade said...

this is a wonderful creation and the image is really awesome, thank you so much for sharing with us at the DCD challenge!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Crafty Chris said...

forgot to say Thanks for joining us at DCD.
Chris x

Merry said...

Such a lovely card Linby. Love the image especially the Love across the bottom.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Linby

Fab card - I've not had much luck printing onto acetate either! I think I had a dodgy batch as the ink just didn't dry - I've yet to try it again with my new batch of printable acetate. Anyway back to your card love it! What a great bargain you got too... Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina