Saturday, 7 May 2011

Hydrangea paper pieced

I had another go with the Hydrangea stamp I used last week to paper piece. When I saw Brenda demo at Sir Stampalot she mounted her paper piecing which I had never done before, so I thought I would try it out with the flower head. the leaves are stuck straight onto the card. I then added a couple of SU stamps.
I am really pleased with how this card turned out, I just love the natural shading on the leaves which was entirely down to the paper I chose.
I'm entering this as my second card into the Simon Says challenge for this week - paper piecing.

6 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

This is beautiful Lynn looks like the real thing and lovely idea with the text.
Chris x

Lisa Jane said...

wow that is gorgeous Lynn.. i love that stamp -and the paper piecing looks fan
Lisa x

Merry said...

This is so lovely...I am surprised that the leaves are straight onto our card as they really pop out. Such a wonderful card.

Cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful hun this was one of my nans favourite flowers,just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

HI Lin, I love this, it's very effective and I agree about the leaves :-) Love that white card below too, classic simplicity.
Anne xx

Marcea said...

wow, this is gorgeous
Thankyou so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week
-x-