Monday, 16 May 2011

Inspired by......

The challenge over on Delicious Doodles the theme is "inspired by" - What is it that inspires you to create?  
I downloaded some vegetable seed packets a while ago and knew that I wanted to put them on a card for a keen allotment holder and vegetable grower. I used SU kraft card and a piece of brown card already with punched birds that came in a craft order as a freebie. I found a Mary Engelbreight sentiment that fitted perfectly and added that too. Then I finished it off with a cuddly buddly freebie sentiment mounted on a SU label stamp. I wanted the bird to look like a robin as I felt that fitted with the theme, however I don't know if I have made him look a bit Christmassy!
I'd also like to enter the card into
By the Cute and Girly - anything goes
Crafty Creations-anything goes
Cupcake Craft Challenges - in the garden
Can you believe that the card I showed yesterday for the football fan - he didn't think I had made it. It was only because my name was on the back of the card he believed me!

13 comments:

sari said...

What a fab card! Love the pretty details and the sentiment is lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Julia Dunnit said...

Great stuff - lots of good finds there - love the sentiment..actually, I agree!

Faye said...

What a gorgeous garden themed project, love the detail. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. Good Luck! x

Suzi said...

Fantastic project Linby, love the sentiment, you've created a wonderful card with the elements.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
What a great garden based project. I have enjoyed catching up with the fabulous creations I have missed. Great work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Merry said...

This is wonderful Lynn..love the row of birds across the top.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great idea for a card and definitely inspirational, fab choice of elements.

Marie

Cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun just love what you have designed with the seed,packets hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

louise said...

What a creative card you have made and fits perfectly with our theme this week on Cupcake, my Dad would just love this card,thankyou for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

Katina said...

A brilliant card Lynn! Love your ideas. xx

acreativeneed said...

Terrific garden themed card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty creations!
smiles,Deena

Teri said...

Brilliant use of some freebies! Great card hun.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Hannapanna said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month. Hugs, Hanna