Monday, 30 May 2011

LIM week 17 - pick a square

Oh dear - I feel a bit of a Violet Elizabeth moment coming on (foot stomp). I knew it didn't bode well that I hadn't done my Less Is More challenge card for this week yet. I feel a bit off colour - hopefully not coming down with what the OH has and thought some crafting would help. It didn't. I don't have the right size card to do this challenge, I don't have the right stamps etc etc !!! My first attempts were on bigger card and the image looked lost so I had to embellish around it and therefore discount it from this challenge.
This is my second attempt - and last. I give in!
Edited to add the same card with a paper pieced dress. Mandi suggested colouring it, which I had thought of but wasn't sure it would look too good-decided to go for paper piecing and I think it is improved - what do you think?

15 comments:

Mandi said...

Cute card Linby Love the Latte one, I love sketched designs
i guess you could colour the dress if yoo think it;s too plain
Thanks very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Cool selection - like the coloured latte card best

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Oh Linby I think tis FAB
Already liked it but this has given it some depth
Thanks for trying my suggestion, paper piercing was a super option!
mandi

Jenny said...

hi Linby, hope your feeling better soon :0
love the MFT stamps and yours looks great in the corner. Great idea to paper piece her dress.
Jenny :)

Katina said...

Aww, hope you're feeling better soon Linby! I think the latte one with the paper pieced dress is fab! xx

Marlena M. said...

Sweet images! ;)

Pauline said...

Great cards, love the play on words.

Rosemary said...

ahhh... yes! the dress does make the card, tee hee! although... it did look perfectly fine without the paperpiecing!

Linda said...

Hi Lynn

I think Mandi was right! The last attempt is great. Just enough colour! I hope you feel better soon....:-(

Btw. Thanks ever so much for sponsoring us on our Race for Life. I really appreciate it :-)

massofhair said...

Hope you feel better very soon. Two great cards but i prefer the lady without the paper piecing as i do like line drawings:-)

Chrissie said...

The paper piecing looks terrific Linby! I hope you're feeling on top form again now!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

The first card is a cutie!....LOVE the second card, especially with the paper piecing! Perfect!
My card is HERE

Lynne said...

Fabulous Lynn especially the paper piecing.
Lynne xxx

Sally H said...

The paper piecing made it perfect! I love it! What a great stamp!

Juls said...

these are fab!!! Hugs Juls