Friday, 6 May 2011

A milestone

Every week I think I will enter the Penny Black Saturday challenge and it just never happens - until now! Although I have only just made it under the wire. The theme this week is "milestones". I thought this cute image would be nice for the milestone for the 30th Wedding anniversary of a friend (if you are reading this look away now!!!). Unusually for me I have actually put a ribbon on the card - I find it hard to know where and how to use ribbon to best effect, but quite pleased with this effort.
I'm also entering it into Crafty Creations Challenge which is anniversary.
A few posts back I made a wedding card with a purple spotted ribbon. Apparently the couple aren't getting married until June next year! I thought my friend was being very calm about getting the wedding invitations made LOL! Oh well, at least I have it ready - unless between now and then she changes her colour scheme.

8 comments:

Rose said...

awe so sweet!! love how you used the dp :)

Merry said...

This is a beautiful card...such a cute image. Hope you don't forget where you put the wedding card by June next year. :-)

Angie said...

This is so cute ...and I love your last couple too ...your guilded one is really 'tres chic'

Monica said...

Such a cute card that is and what great colouring... congrats to getting down to enter for the challenge.
The ribbon looks AWESOME and that daisy umbrella is so sweet. Orange looks great.
xxx Monica

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous hun such a cute image hugs cherylxxxxx

kayc said...

Such a sweet image. Love the colours. Have a good weekend. Kathleen x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so cute ... and i love the papers and the layout .
Hope you dont forget where you put the wedding card - but that is very organised lol
Lisa x

Nana Donna said...

Cute card, love the way you colored that Penny Black image. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations