Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Tres chic and not so chic!

I finally got my gilding flakes out and used them onto acetate for the window panel on this card. These are some stamps I have wanted for ages, but I didn't really need another fashion stamp! But when I was off last week I succumbed and I am so glad I did because they stamp beautifully. I used a sentiment from a C Ds set but realised after I actually have in the same set the sentiment "tres chic" which is the challenge on Ooh La La  at the moment. I'm also entering the card into Sweet Stampin Challenge as they are asking you to do something new - which was the gilding flakes.
I paper pieced the dress using a combo of spotty and striped lemon papers. I enjoyed paper piecing her so much I did her again in the more traditional My Fair Lady colours. She is going in the fashion scrapbook I am putting together at the moment. I'm also entering her into the Simon Says Stamp challenge which is for paper piecing this week.
Now for the not so tres chic!

How stupid am I? I inked up the window stamp and thought the ink felt weird on the stamp, luckily stamped it onto some scrap and thought OMG - there is something wrong with the stamp. No - something wrong with me. I had the stamp upside down on the acrylic block LOL!

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Lynn.. this is absolutely gorgeous .. i bet those flakes are beautiful in real life.. and that stamp is wonderful.
I did chuckle re the stamp as i have done the same myself lol
Lisa x

Lynne said...

Wow Lynn, your card is fabulous. I honestly think this is your best yet.
Lynne xxx

Sarah said...

Hi Lynn, I really like your LiM cards (if I had to choose I'd say the first is my fave) but I had to comment on this card. It is just stunning, I love that image - it is so the sort of thing I go for (other than the cuter stamps I also like). I really must get some gilding flakes as well, I've seen a few cards with them on now and, even in pictures, the results look stunning. Sarah

Cheryl said...

oh hun,that is something I would do lol,these are stunning hun just love,the flakes,they are just so effective,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Suzi said...

Hi Linby, What are you like!!!!! lol, this tickled me, I'm not the only one to have done this then. But I must say the finished card is utterly GORGEOUS. I Love the image, the sentiment and those amazing flakes.
Hugs
Suzi x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lol that was so funny having your stamp upside down something I would d. This card is amazing and just love your gilding perfection. Oh the image is super too.

Marie

Monica said...

Both are lovely, Linby but the first one has a lovely background with that window... and I love that ooh la la sentiment... matches perfectly and so does the ribbon. It is a stunning card!!!

xxx Monica

lalkygirl said...

wow stunning card ,the flakes are beautiful and a fab idea ,i love your chic image and fab sentiment too,thanks for joining us at 00h-la-la and good luck
tracey x

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, these are so elegant Lynn, and I loooove the my fair lady style. Great inspiration to pull out the gilding flakes I have never used too. I think everyone had had an inky accident at some time. I know I regularly do - hence my inkyfingers.
Hugs
Carol x
PS I really likes your boxframe.

Rica said...

Fabulous card Lynn, stunning image, so beautifully elegant!! It's good to know we all don silly things like trying to use stamps upside down LOL!
I love the look of the gilding flakes but suspect I would make a horrendous mess!!

So happy you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
Heather xx

Katina said...

Ooh la, la indeed!! Fabulous card Linby!!! xx

Ann said...

Know what Lynn - I've inked a stamp upsidedown too! I think the phrase 'more haste less speed' comes to mind! ;o) Lovely card - she certainly is My Fair Lady.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Just gorgeous! The gilding is a fab effect and the paper-piecing is stunning. Is that a little pearl earring - perfect!
Caroline xxx

Rose said...

WOW!!! girl that is one awesome paper pieced image :)

OK you made me choke on my soda when reading you had your stamp on the block upside down!! **i have done that also but would never share it! lol ;)

Carolyn said...

Your card is fabulous. She certainly is My Fair Lady.

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Anne said...

Vary class card. Thank you so much for popping into OLL to share it with us. Hugs x