Monday, 27 June 2011

In stitches

I was inspired to make this card by a creation by blogging buddy Amy made here, and also by the need to use some scraps. Ok, so this didn't make a huge dent but it is a start!
The image is PB and I coloured it with a mixture of aqua and promarkers. I added the faux stitching with a black fine marker pen.
I'd like to enter this into Penny Black Saturday Challenge - stitch it up and the Crafts and me challenge who want to see any type of stitching.
It's been sooo hot today. I had to have a little nap this afternoon, I was so overcome by it all LOL! We just had a bit of a shower but not enough for it to cool.

9 comments:

Chris said...

A fabulous way to use up those scraps hun and what a pretty card.
hugs
Chris xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fab.. i love the patchwork effect background used with that image - just perfect !
I have just about melted lol
Lisa x

Jenny said...

Das Motiv ist ganz bezaubernd und der Hintergrund ist toll. Liebe Grüße.

Ann said...

Excellent card Lynn! And I really thought you had brought out your sewing machine.... ;o) I love this way of using scraps.

kayc said...

What beautiful stitching. Just love it. Kathleen x

Inkyfingers said...

I love the quilt effect on this card card Lynn, and the Penny Black stamp is so sweet. I need to make a dent in my paper collection so thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs
Carol x

Sally H said...

Fabulous! I love the patchwork!

Joey said...

Fantastic card Linby and I love the rich colours, thanks for joining us at pbsc
Joey x

kath said...

beautiful card...love the patchwork background....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx