Monday, 20 June 2011

It's a man's world

 OK don't shoot the messenger - It's a man's world is the title of the challenge on Bugaboo-catch the bug challenge blog this week. I have a few days off this week - yippee! So, after all my de-cluttering this weekend I took some of the more collectable items to the local Sue Ryder shop this morning together with a batch of cards I had made.  They were so delighted and what's more you get an email letting you know how much you donation has raised for them, which I have never heard of anyone else doing before. One of the shops I have taken things to in the past was very "off hand" with me and I thought I wouldn't bother again. So it was nice to have a better experience today.
So, I got back after calling into Ikea (mad I know, but had to be done, even though it is a Monday the carpark was heaving!!) and made the above card. I used an embossing folder with some retired SU cardstock and then added some embellishments. I chalked over the embossed wording to make it stand out and also thought it looked at bit like grafitti on a brick wall.
Then I liked the effect so much I had another go. Wow - two men's cards in one go LOL!

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love mens cards and these are great . Love the cars in the top one
Lisa x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
These are magnificent man cards. I love the colours and the images.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Merry said...

These are both wonderful cards. I thought you had added a lot of pearl bling to the top card. That embossing is really lovely. That bike on the second card is terrific.

Tammy Miller said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Beautiful card in great colors and lovely details! Thanks for joining us this week for our Mans World Challenge at Catch the Bug! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Tammy Miller said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Beautiful cards in great colors and lovely details! Thanks for joining us this week for our Mans World Challenge at Catch the Bug! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy