Monday, 6 June 2011

Just to say

I've been trying out my new cosmic shimmer drawing paints on this butterfly. They are so easy to use, I easily kept within the outlines of this free image from Create with TLC. It originally had a background of four squares, but I decided to cut those away. The background card is a piece of SU whisper white card put through the bug embossing folder. To keep it simple I made my own tag and used Paula Pascale stamps on it.
I'd like to enter it into:-
Allsorts Challenge - all white with a coloured image
Flutterby Wednesday-open but must have wings
Crafty calendar - wings

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful Lynn.. i love that striking butterfly against the white embossed background
Lisa x

Merry said...

This is such a beautiful card. The butterfly colours are so striking against the white.

Suzi said...

A lovely CAS card Linby, that butterfly is gorgeous as is your embossing.
Hugs
Suzi x

~amy~ said...

Beautiful!!!

brenda said...

Very striking Linby.

I love blue and green together (although my Gran always said "blue and green should never be seen")and think it's a prefect combination and the butterfly stands out against the white embossing beautifully.

By conicidnece and just to prove my theory, I bought a gorgeous blue and green top in Monsoon Saturday - I was sort of drawn to it - as you are when you go out with the intention of buying no new clothes and only what's on your list. That proves another theory of mine, lists are a waste of time !

Enough of my babble, I came to thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and wish you luck in the draw.

B x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card the butterfly pops against that embossed background...

Thanks for joining in our all white challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Monica said...

Hi Linby,

This is so simple and yet so VERY effective. The embossing adds so much to that divine butterfly. The ribbon looks subtle and elegant as well.

xxx Monica

Mummylade said...

what a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Love the embossing!!!! Hugs Juls