Sunday, 12 June 2011

LIM week 19 - one layer



After I had spent time assembling my new Baby Blossoms stamps from SU I thought I would use them for this weeks one layer challenge on Less is More - which this week is for a frame. I had a go on some scrap to get the hang of the two step stamps and then decided, why not turn the frame to portrait rather than landscape. I'm rather pleased with the result. I added a sentiment which is from a poppy set of stamps I used for the next card. Now, I don't speak french and should have googled this first, I knew fleur was flower, but didn't realise this said "poppy" - oh well......
This was my original idea in my head actually got made second.
An Anna Griffin frame and sentiment with build a flower stamps from inkylicious.
Thanks for visiting. I apologise in advance that I won't be looking at many LIM entries this week as I have course work all week and another exam next Friday.

29 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such SWEET One layer cards!

Lisa Jane said...

2 beautiful cards Lynnn - but as Poppys are a fave of mine i have to choose the second card as my personal favourite .
Lisa xx

Suzilou said...

Really like both of these cards, fab frames on both and love the colours :)

Viv said...

Two pretty cards, love the poppy one esp., good luck with the exam :O) Viv xx

Suze Bain said...

Super cards. Love the frame in the second one but my fave is the first, great idea to stamp portrait. Good luck for Friday. xx

Pauline said...

Oooh, these are very very pretty!! I can't choose a fave, they are both lovely!

Rosemary said...

both a just lovely!

Debgem said...

Fabulous cards - love the poppies!

Katina said...

Gorgeous cards Linby! The second one is my favourite. xx

Kathyk said...

Two very pretty and delicate cards - super

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

These are absolutely fabulous Linby, some of the best you've submitted for our challenge, simply super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Netty said...

Both terrific LIM cards, Annette x

Ang C said...

Super cards

Kaz said...

Lovely cards for the theme x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful cards
Beryl x

Susan said...

Great cards, Linby! Both are very pretty, but I think the second one is my favorite!
My Card

Cassandra said...

Both are gorgeous cards, particularly the frame on the second.

Mandi said...

Absolutely beautiful Linby
Perfect stamping, very intricate so no mean feat!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

These are lovely Linby, The frames are gorgeous and I love those SU florals too :)
Jenny x

Merry said...

Oh wow...both of these cards are beautiful. I have learnt a little french too. :-) Love the frame on the second card..so pretty.

Angie said...

Such elegant cards ... the one layer is perfect

Jose said...

Fabulous card, I love your frame

Aileen said...

Two lovely cards. I really like the frame on the second one. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Two really lovely cards...love your frame

Anne

Juls said...

these cards are just so pretty!!! I really love them!!

P.S you asked about a MCS image, its on "Carosel of classics"

Hugs Juls

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

I really love these floral cards. Very nice indeed.

Hugs, Sandra

Dolly Daydreams said...

Two fabulous cards so very stylish and beautifully stamped.

Marie

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Linby

Oooh these are both lovely!

Tina
X

Ann said...

Fab! I love the clean and simple style - very elegant.