Thursday, 23 June 2011

Red white and blue

I won some images from Delicious Doodles and one that I chose was the New York skyline. I've actually cut the digi stamp out in black card on my silhouette and pleased with the result. The stamp is by Wild Rose and I coloured her with my new aqua markers. I'd like to enter this card into the Die Cut Dreams challenge which is for Red White and Blue.
After I had cut out the skyline I had the other half left and I thought it still looked like a pretty good skyline. So I made this stepper card. I bought the card and am disappointed as the step at the back is the same size as the one at the front, I thought normally they got higher as they went back. With this card I have managed to stamp an image which pops over the top of the step and can be seen. the ladies are from a Robert Adams Art Deco CDrom. I also put a sheet of adhesive glitter over the skyline and it is really effective.

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
These are fabulous cards. You are really beginning to branch out into different styles. Fabulous crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow - love that skyline.. can think of lots of uses lol
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh loving these cards hun,the layouts on these are just brilliant so effective hugs cherylxxxxx

Crafty Chris said...

Wow Lynn your cards are fantastic luv the ladies, Thanks for joining the colour challenge at DCD.
Chris x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there looks like you are getting the hang of your Silhouette ! I couldn't live without mine. Great work Love your fab layout.

Marie

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

this is so elegant. Thank you so much for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams challenge and good luck!

Frankie said...

WOW!!! These cards are so awesome!!! I love the layouts and themes of these cards! You have inspired me to go on to the next level of making cards, i am a beginner at card making.