Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Christmas in July

I've had an unexpected day off today to wait in for a parcel to be delivered any time between 9 and 5. Luckily it's now been delivered so I can go out. I had to show proof of Identity - even though I was standing in my own house LOL! I guess someone could have ordered something snuck in and then waited for the parcel!!!
There are quite a few challenges for Christmas cards at the moment in blogland so that was the inspiration for my card and a start on the many I need to make! I used the colour scheme from Colour Create challenge which is cream, aqua and pale pink with the option of ribbon. The ribbon on my card I have had for so long and never used, then I was thinking "what if I want it for something else?" does anyone else do that?? The image is Penny Black and coloured with promarkers.
I'd also like to enter the card into these challenges:-
I love promarkers-Christmas in July
Winter Wonderland - red and green should not be seen
Stamp Something -Christmas in July
Moving Along with the Times-favourite things (Shopping!)
Allsorts - free and easy

11 comments:

Monica said...

So refreshing to see an untraditional card... love the image and all that glamour.
xxx Monica

Wipso said...

What a fab card Lynn but how do you manage to find the mood to work on Christmas cards in July? :-)
A x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation such fabulous colours too, thanks for joining us, at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh forgot to mention the theme this week is embossing the previous challenge was red and green must not be seen
Kate xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card - gorgeous papers and sparkle
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
.
Glad you didn't have to wait around all day!
Lisa x

Pami said...

Super card Linby! Love the colours and sparkle! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for sharing with us at colour create with this lovely card, great use of the colours, hugs Liz xx

Merry said...

This lady in the image certainly looks please with herself. Wonderful card Linby....love all the sparkles.

Fleur said...

A lovely Christmas card, great image. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

DesignerDiva said...

Super card Linby, I love the alternative colours for Christmas and shopping is my favourite thing too!

Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT and hope to see you again soon

Hugs Laurie x

Mummylade said...

This is a gorgeous creation Linby! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck!