Friday, 29 July 2011

I would stop eating chocolate............

The sentiment reads "I would stop eating CHOCOLATE but I'm not a quitter". I put ruffled ribbon around it and you can't quite see it now for the photo! I decided to finally give embossing with my crafter's companion board a go, especially as I had bought some spray and slide too. Not too bad for a first attempt! I found a sticky mess the other day when I realised that glue had been seeping from my CC spray and stick, I emailed them and they sent me a replacement can straight away, so you can't say fairer than that.
Anyway, this card is for the challenge on CES challenge blog for humour or funny.


I forgot yesterday to share this photo of the Angel of the North. I had seen it from the A1 but usually on the way to a meeting, but this time I got to detour and actually look at it. A very impressive piece of art and the foundations are deeper than the angel itself to ensure it stays put.

7 comments:

Penni said...

Great card - love the senitment!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Cheryl said...

great card hun love that sentiment hugs cherylx

Monica said...

Hi Linby,

First of all - I love that, 'Keep Calm And Keep Making Cards'... works for me for sure.

I love the sentiment of this card... made me smile instantly. The image is lovely and the embossing looks elegant.

xxx Monica

Merry said...

Love that sentiment....great card. Now that is one awesome statue....

Merry said...

Had to Google that statue....that would be so amazing to see in real life. 20 metres tall and 54 metre wing span. Wow.

Carrie said...

This is my new mantra lol... fabby card!! Thanks for joining in at CES xx

~amy~ said...

Love it!!