Thursday, 28 July 2011

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas!

Well it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas in blogland with all the Xmas in July challenges. I've made this card using the Art Deco follies MCS cd rom and created the sentiment myself on the PC. I'd like to enter it into the Crafty Creations challenge which is for Christmas in July and Allsorts challenge which is a free and easy this week.
I've just come back from a few days away in the North East. We went to the Beamish Open Air museum.



This shows them making rhubarb and custard sweets! and we got to taste them whilst they were still warm.

They have just opened a fish and chip shop there. We waited for 15 minutes and we got nowhere and then people were telling us it was an hour to queue so we abandoned the idea. When we passed later the queue was still as long.

We went to Souter lighthouse prepared to climb to the top. However, the "normal" steps only went two thirds of the way, then there was a ladder type arrangement which we both chickened out of!

I had bought a new sat nav for this trip, complete with all new whizzy things and live traffic updates, after 1.5 hours the display went blank and never recovered whilst we were away. I wish I had taken my old one as a back up. It is apparently a hardware problem, so I decided to return it and just revert to the old one!

Having some new windows fitted today so there is a lot of banging going on as I sit and type this.

8 comments:

Wipso said...

These techy things are only worderful when they work eh? Sounds like it's headaches all round for you with all the banging as well.
Hugs,
A x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
What a classy looking card. I love the images and the background.
Glad you had a nice break. Those sweets look yummy.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynne said...

You just can`t beat a good old map! We went to Beamish a few years ago, no sweet factory or chippy then, but it was great fun. Sad thing was that I remembered some of the things in the shops, how old am I ? lol. Brilliant card Lynne but far too sunny to be thinking about Christmas for me.
Lynne xxx

Katina said...

What a fab card Linby; so elegant just like the era it represents. Gorgeous!

Sounds like you had a great trip 9except for the Sat Nav!) xx

kayc said...

Glad you had a great time. Yummy sweeties. Have a good weekend. Kathleen x

Mummylade said...

This is just lovely and the images are great! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

acreativeneed said...

Wonderful images, such a classy card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us!
smiles,Deena

Ann said...

What a great trip you had Lynn. I'd love to get to Beamish one day - my sister lives in Ironbridge and we've been to Blists Hill which is similar though smaller I think. Excellent photos.