Friday, 5 August 2011

In the garden

I've made this card for my neighbour's birthday which is on Monday. He is always in the garden mowing his lawn - so I thought this image from the Digi stamp boutique would be perfect for him. They have 20% off digi images at the moment too. I was struggling what to do with the image after I had cut it out using the silhouette. When I saw the cards for men challenge - clean and simple! So I took a K&Co green card blank, added some embossed card using swiss dots and green ink, a sentiment from Paula Pascal and that was it. Because the silhouette cut the musical notes out so tiny that I could not pick them up, I printed them again and used a circle punch to mount them onto the card. I actually think it makes it stand out more that way.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
digistamp boutique - any of their digi images
cards for men challenge - clean and simple
Kaboodle Doodles challenge-in the garden
Stampin for the weekend challenge - spots and dots
Stamp something challenge- digi day

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh this is one great stamp hun perfect layout and sure your neighbour will just love it hugs cherylxxxx

Merry said...

Oh so wonderful....I love the whole scene on your card.

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Simple but relaxing card seeing a man doing his own household chores. hehehe ;-) How you mounted the musical notes looks so nice. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Alison said...

Great card- love the image! Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at Cards for Men. Good luck!
Hugs, Alison x

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love that image ,, what a great male card
Lisa x

Katina said...

Brilliant Linby! I love the whistling! xx

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great guy card! wish my sons were this happy when they mow the yard. grins!
thanks so much for playing along in the Kaboodle Doodles 'In the Garden' challenge this week! :)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Linby, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've coloured the image and your CAS layout is perfect. Thanks for joining in our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

Sarah said...

Fab card for a man Linby, love the image. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Clean & Simple challenge, good luck x

Jen said...

Hi Linby i love this perfect CAS card
Thanks for joining in with my Clean & Simple Challenge this week at Cards For Men and good luck
Jen x