Tuesday, 30 August 2011

LIM - week 30 - recipe

I've finally managed to get together my entry for this weeks Less is More Challenge. I've chosen to combine these past three challenges:-
Week 9 - a touch of red
Week 15 - embossing
Week 19 - in the frame
I embossed the background and tried to use a technique I saw where you put a piece of thick card in the centre to prevent that being embossed. Unfortunately it did emboss it but did leave a recess, so I popped the picture in there anyway.
I've used a new stamp that fellow Limette Jenny from Crafting in the Country used here. Soon as I saw it I ordered it!  I used to have a Westie - he passed away at the ripe old age of 15.5 years, and here he is demonstrating one of the above poses!

I'd like to thank Sara from Craftingandstamping.com for this wonderful blog candy to celebrate her new blog. Do pop over and have a look, she has the most wonderful makes.
I was going to post about my kitchen, but I think this post is long enough! I'll post some pics, suffice to say it is all done but the tiling - got let down over the tiles and they won't be here until late September.

24 comments:

Annie said...

I love the card Lynne. That could be our 3 little darlings featured in the frames :-)
A x

Sasha said...

Super card! Love the embossed background! Gorgeous little dog!...Both on your card and in real life!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh what gorgeous little images .. just like your little westie .. so cute .
I love that embossing folder too
Cant wait to hear about the kitchen
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh hun that is what my wee westies do bless him so cute,as for your card its gorgeous hun love that embossing hugs cherylxxx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the images and the embossing is fab.
Nikki x

Chrissie said...

This is a real cutie Linby! That's one super little dog!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

FAB card Linby
Matches your doggie perfectly!
Thank you very much
Mandi Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Ann said...

Oh he's so cute! What a fab stamp and you've used it beautifully. Look forward to the kitchen pictures too - always like a good nosey me!!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Linby, Great card, love the cute images, great texture behind your squares:0) Your dog looks like he was lots of fun! :0) Gay xxx

Jo Street said...

Hi Linby, Great card, those Westie images are so cute.
Jo x

Sally H said...

fabulous card, Lynn! I love westies too!

Penny said...

I love your great embossed background and the cute dogs. It's such a fun, playful card!

Carol said...

This is so cute Linby - as is your own dog, love it. Carol x

Kathyk said...

Fab card and your westie pic's adorable

Kathyk

Anne said...

What a lovely Westie you had, I love this stamp and love your card too
Anne
x

Aileen said...

Love the card. What fun images and the photo of your dog doing the same thing made me smile. x

Suze Bain said...

What a great card, love his little red tongue! xx

Jan said...

Great card, adorable dog xx Jan

Jenny said...

Arrr so glad you managed to order these stamps and love the card you've made with them. I've never tried that embossing technique but the frames look fab in the recess.
Sweet picture of your westie too :)
Jenny

kingstonmama said...

What a great card. Love the touch of red and those sweet little images.

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card and super cute images
Beryl x

Fiona said...

This is too cute! Great card. x

Viv said...

Such a fun card, I love it, sounds like your little westie had fun too. I take my neighbours little westie for walks now we don't have a dog anymore and love it :O) Viv xx

Valérie Perlin Démonstratrice Stampin up ! said...

Ho I love it !