Tuesday, 16 August 2011

snowy postbox


I've made this card using a digi image I won from Delicious Doodles. I coloured only the postbox with promarkers and then added some diamond dust to the top and the roof of the house. I also added a tiny amount of colour to the wreath on the door. This card will be for someone at work who is interested in postboxes and phoneboxes - so I added airmail bakers twine for the postal connection.I embossed the background paper and then sprayed with Crafter companions spray and glitter, not shown up too well in the photo but a lovely effect.
I'm having a new kitchen fitted at the moment. yesterday I was very good and had a meal I had previously frozen but tonight I had to go out and get more paint, so I stopped for fish and chips on the way home!
I'd like to enter this card into the Ooh la la challenge - Oh Christmas.

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fabulous Lynn.. i love the striking red postbox against the white card .. gorgeous
Lisa x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

Crafty Chris said...

Stunning Lynn white on white is beautiful and painting the postbox just sets it off nicely,
Chris x

Sally H said...

It's wonderful! I've not seen that Digi of Teri's before. You have coloured it brilliantly

Monica said...

So classy and the monotones look awesome.

xxx Monica

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun that is one super image love the embossing too hugs cherylxx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love this, the red post box amongst all the white perfect.
luv
Debby

Katina said...

Fab snowy card Linby; love the splash of red from the postbox against the white. Fish and chips are compulsory when you're having a kitchen fitted, lol!! xx

PS Congrats on your win over at Penny Black! xx

chilli pip said...

so eyecatching , love the way you have highlighted the postbox... a wonderful winter card thanks for sharing at Ooh-la-la

Merry said...

What a terrific image....great card. I hope your house is back to normal soon. How exciting though having a new kitchen fitted.

Anne said...

Ooh lovely card, the bright postbox is nicely set off by the soft background, love it
Anne
x

Ruth said...

Wow!! The post box just "leaps" from the beautiful white background! Ruth x

Monica said...

Congrats! I knew it had a winning streak.

xxx Monica