Wednesday, 21 September 2011

BE.



Here I am with another entry for the Less is More challenge to reach 1000 entries. I have tried another technique from the Sue Wilson DVD - faux batik. My card is made using the first piece you can see, where I actually remembered the technique wrongly! However, I thought it looked ok, the second piece is the technique applied correctly and you can see the effect is much better, that will appear on a later card.... Basically you clear emboss your design and use the resist technique, but BEFORE! you do, spritz the paper with water and fold, then roll the ink over. The bottle I used to spritz had some glittery wash in it beforehand,    
it didn't quite all get washed out so everything now has a subtle sparkle to it.
Sentiment is from Fiskars stamp set of similar sayings.

8 comments:

Cardarian said...

Amazing technique! You made a beautiful card! I must get my LIM crafting hat on too!
Thank you for sharing and commenting on my blog!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Monica said...

Awesome... lovely colours and great effect. The sentiment is a million dollar one.

xxx Monica

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Brilliant technique, love your card Linby. that's a great sentiment too, gay xxx

Lynne said...

Ooh gorgeous Lynn. Great technique and fabulous colours.
Lynne xxx

Mandi said...

Superb technique Lynn, FAB card
Thank you for helping us with our target of 1000 entries
Mandi
LIM

Ann said...

Oh its lovely! What a great technique - it really does look like a batik fabric. Colours look so good together too.

Chrissie said...

Wow this is an interesting technique Linby, love it!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

I love how the card turned out...looks awesome, but it looks like that faux batik might be a little difficult!